Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking continued their Nike Spring camps in TX on March 17th, 2012. Long Snappers came out from TX, OK, LA, KS, FL, AR and even HI to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 75 Long Snappers sent to college last year alone and this year already passing the 50 mark! Rubio Long Snapping already even has a junior Long Snapper with two full scholarship offers!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Spring Camp in TX was Trey Lamastus (2013, AL). Trey was oozing confidence all day and has steadily been improving over the past year. Form is outstanding and he is allowing his body to do a great deal of the work. Excellent attitude and he listens very well. The confidence this Long Snapper has is definitely pushing him above others.
Along with Lamastus, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
· Michael McGarry (TX, 2012) – Gaining a lot of confidence and continues to do great when he is relaxed. Form is night and day from where he started. Beyond smart Long Snapper that is outstanding when he is on.
· Matt Boggs (LA, 2013) – Boggs is one of the smoothest Long Snappers out there and is gaining strength by the day. The TOP 12er did very well in TX and should dominate in Vegas.
· Sam Boyd (TX, 2013) – Tall and athletic and dripping with potential. Boyd looked excellent in TX and is very close to being one of the best in his class. Keep an eye on this Texan.
· Adonis Smith (TX, 2013) – Adonis is a fantastic Long Snapper that is beyond athletic. If he wants to go to the next level, he can. It is all up to him.
· Emmett Odegard (CT, 2013) – A true student of Long Snapping that gets better every time I see him. Emmett continues to impress me and move up the charts. Excellent Long Snapper and person.
· Kory Johnson (HI, 2013) – Solid Long Snapper with good athleticism that learns very quickly.
· Chris Burger (TX, 2013) – Really impressed with Burger and they way he uses his size to snap the ball. Lots of potential on this massive framed Long Snapper.
· Matt Bayliss (OK, 2013) – As soon as Bayliss gets his form locked down, he can easily move into the top five of his class. Easily. Beyond potential on this 6'6" Long Snapper.
· Justin Greene (TX, 2013) – Very smooth Long Snapper with a ton of pop. Raw but definitely headed in the right direction.
Buckingham (KS, 2014) – Outstanding attitude and drive on this Long Snapper.
Reid impresses me a ton and he is still young. Keep a very close eye on Reid.
Other notables: Austin Coke (OK), JC Everett (AR), Jordan Frese (TX), Trent Gow (TX), Clayton Jackson (KS), Kaleb Smith (TX) and Andrew Ingram (AR)
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will stop next in IL, NC and GA with all camps leading right into the 10th Annual National Kicking and Snapping Spring Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on May 12-13, 2012. This Event is open to ALL levels of Long Snappers.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @TheChrisRubio.