Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking continued their Nike Spring camps in IL on April 15th, 2012. Long Snappers came out from IL, KY, MO, OH, WI, IN, WI and MI to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 75 Long Snappers sent to college last year alone and this year already passing the 50 mark! Rubio Long Snapping already even has a junior Long Snapper with two full scholarship offers!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Spring Camp in IL was Taybor Pepper (2012, MI). After committing to a full scholarship from Michigan St the day before the camp, Taybor came out with the most confidence I have seen within him and was dominant. Ball is very fast and smooth. Looking effortless now when he is snapping. Michigan St. got a great one in Taybor.
Along with Pepper, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
· Scott Daly (IL, 2012) – This Notre Dame bound Long Snapper left no doubt he is the absolute best Long Snapper in the country. BEYOND smooth and quick when he snaps the ball to the punter. An absolutely phenomenal Long Snapper and even better person.
· Greg Hohenstein (IL, 2012) – Bowling Green looks to be set for the next four years with the arrival of Hohenstein. He is getting thicker and using his strength to be a better Long Snapper. Very efficient with his movements.
· Scott Sypniewski (IL, 2013) – This 5 star Long Snapper just keeps getting better and better. Form is perfect and he uses every ounce of his body. Ball explodes back to the punter and is on target. Great Long Snapper.
· Gabriel Miller (IN, 2013) – Miller continues to improve and become, easily, one of the top Long Snappers in the country. Excellent attitude and work ethic.
· Austin Orr (IN, 2013) – Very smooth and large Long Snapper. Rarely misses his target. Very easy ball to catch. The more he trusts his body, the better he will be.
· Alex Julien (IL, 2013) – Incredible improvement from Julien in just a couple short months. Really explodes when he snaps the ball. Very fast snap. Looks great.
· Graydon Peterson (WI, 2013) – Solid Long Snapper that is growing and doing it all right. Looks very solid and is snapping great balls.
· Mike Perry (IL, 2013) – Perry is easily one of the most accurate and consistent Long Snappers in the country. The harder he snaps the ball, the better he will be in the long run.
Mitchell Hardy (WI, 2014) – Hardy is a massive man that has excellent form with
quick hands. Very, very good for his age.
Other notables: Cody Crater (IL), Sean Corcoran (IL), Rocco Rasnic (IL), Patrick Strzempek (IL), Josh Wirtel (IL), Josh Pericht (IL) and Mitchell Van Straten (
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will stop next in NC and GA with all camps leading right into the 10th Annual National Kicking and Snapping Spring Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on May 12-13, 2012. This Event is open to ALL levels of Long Snappers.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @TheChrisRubio.