Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking continued their Nike Spring camps in NC on April 28thth, 2012. Long Snappers came out from OH, NC, SC, VA, TN, IL, CT, NJ, NY, FL, GA AND IN to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 75 Long Snappers sent to college last year alone and this year already passing the 50 mark! Rubio Long Snapping already even has a junior Long Snapper with three full scholarship offers!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Spring Camp in NC was Keaston Sinicki (2013, NC). Keaston has a great frame and has really turned himself into an excellent Long Snapper. Built well and handles pressure like a champ. Keep a close eye on him in Vegas.
Along with Sinicki, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
· Conor Fry (NC, '12) is a UNC commit that looks and snaps great. Completely transformed his body and he is snapping with a ton of confidence. Fry's form is impeccable and should be studied it is so good.
· Colton Taylor (VA, 12) is headed to VaTech and deservingly so. Ball is very quick out of his hands and he is beyond athletic.
· Rocco Rasnic (IL, '13) is a very large Long Snapper that improves daily. Really beginning to make a name for himself in the world of Long Snapping
· Emmett Odegard (CT, '13) continues to impress me with his drive and work ethic. Tell this kid to do something and consider it done. Extremely coachable athlete that will make a college coach very happy in two years.
· Alan Lucy (VA, '14) is currently the top snapper in his class and is looking solid. Ball is very, very fast for his age yet easy to catch. Great attitude on this excellent sophomore Long Snapper.
· Adam Vaught (VA, '13) is an amazing talent and physical specimen. Massive human being for his age, or any age for that matter and is improving at a staggering rate. Keep a very close eye on him.
· Wyatt Craig (SC, '13) did a fantastic job and really impressed me with his improvement. Snapping hard and with confidence. Excellent person.
· Chase McIntyre (NC, '13) has improved immensely. Snapping is smooth and on point. Looked very sharp all day in NC.
· Drew Williams (SC, '13) was great all day in NC. He is an extremely athletic Long Snapper that is right on the cusp of greatness.
McCullough (OH, '15) is just a freshman but you would never know it by the way
he snap. Ball is quick and he uses excellent length to his advantage.
Other notables: Tripp Camp (NC), Trey Ratliff (NC), Matthew Broome (SC), Brian McDonough (NC), Matthew Wolcott (VA), Gaither Barker (TN), Jack King (NC) and Kendall Cawley (IN)
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will stop next is the 10th Annual National Kicking and Snapping Spring Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on May 12-13, 2012. This Event is open to ALL levels of Long Snappers.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @TheChrisRubio.