Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking continued their Nike Spring camps in GA on April 29thth, 2012. Long Snappers came out from OH, GA, TN, SC, FL, AL, MS, SC and VA to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 75 Long Snappers sent to college last year alone and this year already passing the 50 mark! Rubio Long Snapping already even has a junior Long Snapper with three full scholarship offers!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Spring Camp in GA was Clay Barton (2014, GA). Clay was at his first Rubio Long Snapping camp and obviously did a tremendous job. He handles pressure extremely well and is very accurate with his snapping. Compete with him in Vegas as he earned a free admission for winning in GA.
Along with Clay, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
· Cory Cheadle (SC, '12) was flat out dominant all day. Large man with excellent flexibility that is ready for the next level. Kansas St got a great Long Snapper and person with Cheadle.
· Daniel LaMontagne (GA, '12) was simply amazing all day in GA. Kid has been on high since January Vegas and hasn't come down. Looks effortless when he snaps and he is easily one of the top in the country. Outstanding person and Long Snapper
· Jake Abraham (GA, '12) is thicker and stronger than I have ever see him. Uses his strength well and is very accurate. Came in second place in GA. Excellent person.
· Tucker Etheridge (GA, '13) has quite possibly the quickest hands in the country. Ball is fast and accurate. He will be truly dominant when he gets set a bit more and lowers his butt some.
· Trey Lamastus (AL, '13) is beyond confidant right now and snapping a great ball. Drove through the night to get to the camp and will still fantastic.
· Austin Mitchell (GA, '13) has improved dramatically and is headed to making a name for himself in the Long Snapping world. Ball is fast, his form is excellent and he is driven. Watch him.
· Alan Lucy (VA, '14) did back to back camps and actually looked better the second day! Ball hits in the .6s. Tight spiral and it is game over for others in his class.
Blake Ferguson (GA, '15) is the best Long Snapper in his class as of right now.
Form is very solid and he has the ability to snap a nice, hard ball. Sky is the
limit for Ferguson. Well beyond his years.
Other notables: Hunter Womac (GA), Julian Cole (GA), Gaither Barker (TN), Davis Winkie (GA), Joel Baldwin (MS), John Morrison (GA), Justin Vining (GA), Tyler Jarvis (GA), Bradley Tatko (SC), Connor Cooper (GA) and Quentin Skinner (GA).
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will stop next is the 10th Annual National Kicking and Snapping Spring Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on May 12-13, 2012. This Event is open to ALL levels of Long Snappers.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @TheChrisRubio.