Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking continued their Nike summer camps in CA on July 14th, 2012. Long Snappers came out from AZ, CA, ID and NJ to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 150 Long Snappers sent to college in the past two years alone!!!!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike summer Camp in CA was Cody Block (2013, AZ). Block was extremely accurate all day when snapping a nice, crisp ball back to the punter. He is a workhorse that easily could be one of the most athletic Long Snappers in his class. Handles pressure well and his ball is quick.
Along with Block, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
• Cole Mazza (CA, '13) was Cole Mazza. Ball was absolutely ripping out of his hands to the point where many where afraid to catch it. The fastest Long Snapper in the country that continues to work harder and harder to continue to dominate. Alabama made a great choice with this Long Snapper.
• Zach Smith (CA, '13) was by far the best new talent out in CA. Has a great frame, extremely athletic and snaps as well, and fast, as the top snappers in the country. Slight tweaks to his form will improve his consistency. Colleges take note of this Long Snapper, you will not be disappointed.
• Chase Dominguez (CA, '13) continues to be his smooth, dominant self. As I have said before, he snaps more like a pro than he does a college Long Snapper. Looks effortless and always, always on target and right in the mid .7s. It is almost peaceful to watch him snap.
• Sodie Orr (CA, '12) is headed to Cal Poly SLO and he is hitting on all the right cylinders. Confidence is at all time high and it is showing with his Long Snapper. Ball is really moving off his hands. Best I have seen Sodie look and I am very happy with where he is at with his Long Snapping.
• Randy Sue (CA, '12) is on the way to Cal Lutheran and continues to be a vision of perfect form. When Sue snaps, he stuns people. Not the biggest man in the world, but his form is so perfect, that it allows him to zip the ball back to the punter. Excellent attitude.
• Brett Kassel (CA, '13) has made a huge improvement in his form and snapping. Snapping with solid confidence and accuracy. Really becoming a very consistent Long Snapper with a bright future. Love how much he improves every camp. Major move up the rankings.
• Niko Walsh (CA, '13) continues to imp roe on his form and body. The harder he snaps and gets his timing locked him with his legs, the higher he will go. Excellent attitude and incredible work ethic.
• Other notables: Wesley Bertoni (CA), AJ Carty (CA), Garrett Frum (CA), Justin Garza (CA), Kalvin Greenberg (CA), Jonathan Heinen (CA),
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking's next stop was IL on July 16th, followed by NC, GA, LSU, TX, the Junior Rank Prodigy Camp for the Semper Fi All-Star game and finally CA again on the 29th. .
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @TheChrisRubio.