Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking continued their Nike Summer camps in IL on July 16th, 2012. Long Snappers came out from IL, IN, MA, MO, MI and OH to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 140 Long Snappers sent to college in the last two years! Rubio Long Snapping already has his top three Long Snappers for the class of 2013 committed to Alabama, Nebraska and Michigan!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Summer Camp in IL was Greg Hohenstein (2012, IL). Greg was just a couple days from heading off to Bowling Green and he looked beyond ready. He has put on some good size and was snapping with extreme confidence. It was as if he knew he was going to win the whole day. Great Long Snapper and person.
Along with Hohenstein, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
· Gabriel Miller (2013, IN) was excellent all day. Ball is tight and very fast. He has really perfected his craft and made himself one of the most dominant Long Snappers in quite some time. Nebraska got a good one in Miller.
· Scott Sypniewski (2013, IL) is going to be making Michigan fans happy for the next four years. He is smooth as silk and snaps bullets. Form is excellent as is his attitude.
· Austin Orr (2013, IN) continues to improve and be one of the most accurate and consistent Long Snappers in the country. Definitely headed in the right direction and getting ready for the next level.
· Chris O'Risky (2013, IN) has a terrific frame for a Long Snapper. Very athletic and driven. Eastern Michigan will be getting a very solid Long Snapper.
· John Wirtel (2013, IL) is a very smooth Long Snapper that shows waves of brilliance. Great potential on this long athlete.
· Josh Appel (2013, IL) came out and really impressed me all day. Large Long Snapper that is making a name for himself. Moved way up the rankings.
· AJ Hantak (2013, MO) continues to impress me. Form is coming along very nicely and he has an incredible frame.
· Sean Corcoran (2013, IL) is one of the most consistent Long Snappers in the country. With more speed he will move way up. Excellent person.
· Wyatt Pfeifer (2014, OH) came out and snapped with a ton of confidence. Form is looking exceptional. Sky is the limit for Wyatt.
· Liam McCullough (2015, OH) found his groove and was very solid all day. Long athlete that is dripping with potential.
Other notables: Alex Bobos (IN), Patrick Freeze (IN), Chris Junior (IL), Alex Julien (IL), Ben Makowski (IN), Patrick Strzempek (IL)
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will be all over the country this fall starting in late September with all camps leading right into the 11h Annual National Kicking and Snapping Spring Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on January 19-20, 2013. All fall camps AND the Vegas Event are open to ALL levels of Long Snappers.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @TheChrisRubio.