Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking continued their Nike Summer camps in GA on July 19th, 2012. Long Snappers came out from AL, FL, MS, NC, TN, GA, SC and VA to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 140 Long Snappers sent to college in the last two years! Rubio Long Snapping already has his top three Long Snappers for the class of 2013 committed to Alabama, Nebraska and Michigan!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Summer Camp in GA was Ryan Caporelli (2013, FL). Caporelli has an excellent frame for a Long Snapper and went on one of the hottest streaks I have ever encountered at one of my camps. He simply couldn't miss and is obviously a very accurate and consistent Long Snapper.
Along with Caporelli, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
· Daniel LaMontagne (2012, GA) was, easily, the most dominant Long Snapper in attendance. He has an incredible attitude and was snapping bullets all day long. I thought he looked good before and he even blew me away. Furman got a great one in LaMontagne.
· Justin Vining (2013, GA) continues to impress out in the south. Thick bodied and has great form. Improves every time I see him.
· Alan Lucy (2014, VA) did back to back camps and was outstanding at both. Form is so good and he uses so much of his legs it is almost shocking. Incredible Long Snapper and person.
· Casey Wilson (2014, GA) came out and seriously impressed me. Always been one of the smoothest Long Snappers around but now he has gained size and strength which equate to speed. Moved up to number two in the country for his class.
· John Morrison (2014, GA) has exceptional form and drive. The bigger he gets, the better he will be. Smooth Long Snapper.
· Blake Ferguson (2015, GA) is growing by the second and making quite the name for himself in the Long Snapping world. Great form and when he is on, he is VERY on.
· Zach Wade (2014, GA) continues to impress me with his accuracy and speed. Headed in the right direction. Very solid Long Snapper with a bright future if he keeps this up.
· Austin Mitchell (2013, GA) is snapping with a lot of confidence and poise. Looks very solid.
Other notables: James Thompson (GA), Hunter Womac (GA), Tyler Jarvis (GA), Andrew Earle (GA), Bobby Daggett (MS), Conner Brown (GA), Matthew Broome (SC), Gaither Barker (TN), Andrew Ashe (MS) and Clay Barton (GA).
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will be all over the country this fall starting in late September with all camps leading right into the 11h Annual National Kicking and Snapping Spring Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on January 19-20, 2013. All fall camps AND the Vegas Event are open to ALL levels of Long Snappers.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @TheChrisRubio.