Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking continued their Nike Summer camps in TX on July 23rd, 2012. Long Snappers came out from TX, OK, KS, AR, WA, LA and IL to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 140 Long Snappers sent to college in the last two years! Rubio Long Snapping already has his top three Long Snappers for the class of 2013 committed to Alabama, Nebraska and Michigan!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Summer Camp in TX was Reid Buckingham (2014, KS). Buckingham was outstanding all day in Texas. Body is growing the right way and he is snapping with a lot of confidence. Definitely impressive in all aspects of his snapping.
Along with Buckingham, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
· Matt Bayliss (2013, OK) has one of the best frames out there for a Long Snapper. Extremely long athlete that has really transformed his form and made himself one of the best in the country.
· Sam Boyd (2013, TX) is looking outstanding as a Long Snapper and as an athlete. Moves very well on his feet and has some of the quickest hands in the country.
· Brent Nicholson (2012, TX) looked very sharp in TX. Big man with exceptional form. Gaining confidence with his snapping daily.
· Michael McGarry (2012, TX) was solid and consistent throughout the day in TX. Snapping the ball very hard. Form is looking good.
· Adonis Smith (2013, TX) might be one of the most athletic Long Snappers in the country. Tons of potential. He will be as good as he wants to be and go as far as he wants to go with his Long Snapping.
· Jordan Frese (2014, TX) has improved dramatically in the past couple of years and it appears the sky is the limit for this Texan. Great form. When his consistency is there, it is over for others.
· JC Everett (2014, AR) is a very physically strong Long Snapper that handles pressure well. As soon as spiral gets locked down, he will be beyond dominant.
· Justin Greene (2013, TX) is an excellent overall Long Snapper that moved way up the rankings. Keep a very close eye on him.
Other notables: Chris Burger (TX), Mac Freeman (TX), Ty Carter (TX), Justin Roberts (TX), Clayton Jackson (KS), Rocco Rasnic (IL), Drake Pechous (TX) and Luke Hutchison (WA).
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will be all over the country this fall starting in late September with all camps leading right into the 11h Annual National Kicking and Snapping Spring Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on January 19-20, 2013. All fall camps AND the Vegas Event are open to ALL levels of Long Snappers.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @TheChrisRubio.