Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking concluded their Nike Summer camps in CA on July 29th, 2012. Long Snappers came out to the west coast to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 140 Long Snappers sent to college in the last two years! Rubio Long Snapping already has his top three Long Snappers for the class of 2013 committed to Alabama, Nebraska and Michigan!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar led by the NCSA along with Rubio and Chris Sailer, and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Summer Camp in CA was Ryan Farr (2015, NV). Farr was outstanding during the competition segment of the camp. Extremely accurate and consistent with the ability to handle a great deal of pressure. Solid form and attitude.
Along with Farr, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
· Zach Smith (2013, CA) cemented my belief on him being one of the top Long Snappers in the country. Extremely talented Long Snapper with a rocket for a snap and tremendous athletic ability. He is a no brainer for college as a Long Snapper.
· Chase Dominguez (2013, CA) continues to be one of, if not the, smoothest Long Snappers in the country. Very, very long athlete that is as accurate as anyone in the country.
· Sodie Orr (2012, CA) came in for a tune up before heading out to Cal Poly SLO. He looked excellent and poised. His confidence is high and it should be…his snaps are fantastic.
· Ryan DiSalvo (2012, CA) is headed to San Jose St and looks to be a factor right off the bat. Massive Long Snapper with tremendous speed. Very quick hands on DiSalvo.
· Erik Thompson (2013, CA) came out very confident and was dominant throughout the day. Form is solid and he is built like a rock. Improving nicely.
· Joseph Marx (2013, CA) has some of the quickest hands around and he uses them well with his snapping. Solid form that just needs to be extended a bit. Potential.
· Tanner Carew (2014, CA) is an extremely athletic Long Snapper that is improving dramatically over the past couple of months. Keep a very close eye on him.
· David Fleischman (2013, CA) looked solid and showed waves of great speed.
· Christian Samarzich (2014, CA) is extremely accurate and consistent. The more speed he gets, the higher the rankings he will go. Great attitude.
· Anthony Roel (JC, CA) continues to snap as hard as anyone in the country. Gaining a lot of confidence in his snapping.
· Wesley Bertoni (JC, CA) really impressed me in CA. Getting his eyes all the way through and snapping hard.
· Niko Walsh (2013, CA) has great form and an even better attitude. Turning into one heck of a Long Snapper.
Other notables: Tyler Fagan (CA), Jacob Hummel (CA), Connor Johnson (CA), Nathan Rodriguez (CA), Elijah Richardson (CA), Ryan Simmons (CA) and Koby Walsh (CA).
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking will be all over the country this fall starting in late September with all camps leading right into the 11h Annual National Kicking and Snapping Spring Event sponsored by Nike in Las Vegas on January 19-20, 2013. All fall camps AND the Vegas Event are open to ALL levels of Long Snappers.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Don't forget to read the Rubio Long Snapping blog at www.RubiosBlog.com. For continuous Rubio Long Snapping information, follow him on Twitter: @TheChrisRubio.