Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking continued their Nike Fall camps in IL on September 30th, 2012. Long Snappers came out from IL, KY, MN, WI, OH, MI, NC, IN, GA, NJ & PA to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 150 Long Snappers sent to college in the past two years alone!!!!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar regarding NCSA and then a nutritional session on Herbalife24 and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Fall Camp in IL was Gabriel Miller (2013, IN). Miller was a machine all day in IL. The Nebraska full scholarship commit was actually in Lincoln, NE the day before and drove all night to make the camp. It didn't bother him one bit and he was beyond the best Long Snapper in attendance. Incredible speed, accuracy and consistency makes him a great pickup for the Huskers. His excellent snapping all day earned himself a free admission to the 11th Annual National Snapping Event in Las Vegas on January 19-20, 2013!
Along with Miller, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
- Michael Perry (IL) was solid all day long. Body is looking very solid and he is snapping with some excellent pop on a consistent basis.
- John Wirtel (IL) is easily one of the smoothest and consistent snappers out there. Great frame.
- Joshua Appel (IL) looked very solid. Massive man that has great form and snaps well.
- Ben Makowski (IN) is coming along very nicely and could be the next great one out of Indiana. Very impressed with him.
- Liam McCullough (OH) was terrific all day and definitely making a push for the top spot in the class of 2015.
- Jeremy Ashworth (KY) has improved a ton and looked very solid.
- Mitchell Hardy (WI) is a large man with great form and a very accurate snap. Great improvement.
- Seth Combs (IL) continues to impress with the power in his snap. Very athletic
- Hunter Varga (IL) was terrific all day with accurate, consistent snaps.
- Josh Jahnke (IL) performed very well once again. Great form and he really explodes when he snaps.
- Alex Julien (IL) has regained his confidence and was snapping bullets all day long.
- Chase Urbach (NJ) is young but coming along VERY nicely. Long framed and great form.
- Other notables: Wyatt Pfeifer (OH), Bronson Bruneau (MN), Josh Doyle (WI), Nicholas Janicki (IL), Chris Junior (IL), Chris Lutzel (IL), Jake Knight (MI), Kevin Kolb (WI), Jackson Mahorney (KY), Michael Schrand (IL) and Rocco Rasnic (IL)
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking's next stop will be in NC on October 27th and GA on October 28th followed by TX (11/11), CA (1/13) and then the 11th Annual National Kicking and Snapping Event in Las Vegas on January 19-20, 2013! Reminder, the Vegas Event is open to all Long Snappers and NOT an invite only camp.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Be sure to check out Rubio Long Snapping on Facebook and follow him on Twitter