Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking continued their Nike Fall camps in TX on November 11th, 2012. Long Snappers came out from TX, OK, LA, AL, AR, KS and MA to learn from the best and get the most exposure out there for Long Snappers in the country. Rubio Long Snapping is continuing to dominate the Long Snapping world with over 150 Long Snappers sent to college in the past two years alone!!!!
Long snapping instructor Chris Rubio of Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking was on hand to guide the snappers through the various sections of the camp. The camp's many facets were on-field instruction, film/classroom review, recruiting seminar regarding NCSA and then a nutritional session on Herbalife24 and wrapped up with a competition.
The winner of the Nike Fall Camp in TX was Sam Boyd (TX, '13). Sam was excellent all day. Snaps a very, very fast ball that pops in your hands. He has gained some good size and he is snapping with some great confidence. He handled pressure throughout the competition and earned himself a free admission to the 11th Annual National Snapping Event in Las Vegas on January 19-20, 2013!
Along with Boyd, there was an abundance of talent with the top Long Snappers in attendance being the following:
- Trey Lamastus (LA, '13) continues to improve. Excellent student of Long Snapping. Snaps the ball hard and is overflowing with confidence.
- Matt Bayliss (OK, '13) is the real deal. Plain and simple. Tremendous size and is just ripping the ball back to the punter. Incredible speed and very athletic.
- Matt Boggs (LA, '13) is looking solid and is now trusting his form more than ever. Snapping with good confidence. Very consistent Long Snapper.
- Chuck Carpin (TX, '13) has good size and throws a nice, catchable ball for the punter. Solid accuracy.
- Caleb Longest (OK, '13) was on all day in Texas. He was very relaxed and showed great potential with his Long Snapping.
- Berkeley Reed (OK,'13) impressed throughout the camp in Texas. Good size and snaps a smooth ball. Good potential.
- JC Everett (AR, '14) snaps with a tremendous amount of power and looks to have locked down his spiral. Great attitude.
- Jordan Frese (TX, '14) continues to grow and get better. Smooth. Quick hands. Very, very close to dominating within his class.
- Clayton Jackson (KS, '14) really caught my eye at the camp. Form is exceptional, he is snapping with confidence and has a good frame.
- Michael Poujol (TX, '15) could easily vie for the top spot in his class by Vegas. Dripping with potential and right on the cusp of greatness.
- George Madden (OK, '15) has a very solid body and excellent form. Needs to just lower his butt a tad for max speed. Lots of potential.
- Other notables: Travis Jay Arroyo (TX), Garrett Fleitas (TX), Andrew Ingram (AR), Jon Letter (TX), Cody Nelson (LA), Garrett Stotts (TX), Adonis Smith (TX) and Jordan Tobolka (TX).
Rubio Long Snapping and Chris Sailer Kicking's next stop will be CA on January 13th, followed by the 11th Annual National Kicking and Snapping Event in Las Vegas on January 19-20, 2013! Reminder, the Vegas Event is open to all Long Snappers and NOT an invite only camp.
For more information, go to www.RubioLongSnapping.com and feel free to contact Chris Rubio at Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com. Be sure to check out Rubio Long Snapping on Facebook and follow him on Twitter @TheChrisRubio.