Long Snappers came out to NY to attend the Nike NY Fall Camp on October 13th from NY, PA, MA NJ, CT, OH, MD and Canada to get the best instruction and in the country for Long Snappers. Long Snappers, and their parents/guardians, were instructed on the field, had a film and classroom session, a recruiting seminar and ended the day with a competition with Rubio present and running the camp. Each Long Snapper was filmed and will have a player profile provided for them on .
There were many new Long Snappers as Rubio Long Snapping begins its assault on the northeast. One Long Snapper, of NJ, caught a late groove and was phenomenal under pressure was crowned the champion of the camp and earned a free admission to the He has great size and the ability to easily snap a ball in the D1 speed range. Tons of potential on Oliveira.
Oliveira was not the only Long Snapper to shine out in NY. These others did well as well….
· continues to impress me with his drive, attitude and snapping. When you watch film on what he started at to what he has become, it is almost shocking. The more consistency he gets, the better he will be. Tremendous human being.
· Carson Vey was a newcomer to Rubio Long Snapper and immediately let his presence known. He has D1 size right now and the ability to snap a college ball…at times. Once he fine tunes his form to allow his long legs to get fully involved, he will dominate. Vegas could be huge for him.
· Matt Keller out of PA was very impressive to me in NY. He has very quick hands and a smooth snap. Legs will be huge for him in getting his overall speed consistently in the high .6s and low .7s. Very solid Long Snapper.
· Ryan Walker is the little brother of Nathaniel but might not be in his shadow for too much longer. Already has great form and can snap a great ball. Lots of potential.
· Carson Tebbetts was very impressive in how he handled pressure.
Other notables….Connor Atkins, Michael Blond, Hunter Drzik, Tristan Epley and Austin Sullivan