(All divisions; NorCal & SoCal combined)
1. (1) Westchester (Los Angeles) 19-2
Comets may play Fairfax as many as five times this season, so last week's loss in the big picture may not turn out to be that significant.
2. (3) Fairfax (Los Angeles) 21-3
Evan Burns had 17 in the 66-62 win over Westchester, which lifted the Lions past Centennial in this week's rankings.
3. (2) Centennial (Compton) 20-0
Three games last week for coach Rod Palmer's team in the Ocean League and three easy triumphs.
4. (4) Clovis West (Fresno) 19-2
Nick Debban scored 17 points as the Golden Eagles won their only game of the week, 78-45, over Madera.
5. (5) Eisenhower (Rialto) 19-2
Cory McJimson had another strong game with 25 points in 86-55 win over Fontana. Eagles also won last week 87-76 over East Valley of Redlands.
6. (6) Poly (Long Beach) 19-2
Jackrabbits warmed up for this Saturday's matchup against national top 10 Vashon of St. Louis at the Nike Extravaganza by routing Wilson of Long Beach, 67-35, in a Moore League game.
7. (7) Mater Dei (Santa Ana) 18-4
Harrison Schaen had 22 points and 10 boards as red-hot Monarchs beat Santa Margarita and look ready to face national No. 1 Oak Hill in Saturday's Nike Extravaganza.
8. (8) Technical (Oakland) 18-3
Bulldogs figure to be tested by Oakland High in second half of Oakland Athletic League play.
9. (9) Riordan (San Francisco) 21-1
A 30-5 first-quarter start propelled Crusaders in 77-36 win over Bellarmine. Also showed no mercy in 70-46 victory over Mitty.
10. (12) Dorsey (Los Angeles) 14-4
Dons jump ahead of Corona Centennial after beating Crenshaw for the second time. Latest win was 86-82 with Eric Flourney (27 pts) and Donald Wilson (23 pts) leading the way.
11. (10) Centennial (Corona) 18-2
Huskies rolled on in Mountain View League with 79-56 win over Corona that featured 29 more points from standout J.R. Reese.
12. (11) Santa Margarita (Rancho SM) 18-3
Eagles did do a little better this time against Mater Dei, but they still lost 67-59.
13. (15) Horizon (San Diego) 17-4
Nate Carter gave Mater Dei fits in recent matchup with 20 points and 10 rebounds despite battling foul trouble.
14. (17) Serra (Gardena) 22-2
Eugene Jeter scored 24 in win over Bishop Amat, which helped Cavs move up in the rankings due to losses by L.A. Fremont and Glendora.
15. (18) Redondo (Redondo Beach) 17-5
With top nationally-ranked junior Wendell White and Eddie Topps in the starting lineup, Seahawks are unbeaten.
16. (16) Crenshaw (Los Angeles) 15-6
Marcus Williams had a sensational week with 37 points in win over L.A. Fremont and 26 in loss to Dorsey.
17. (19) De La Salle (Concord) 14-4
Spartans returned to the comfy comfines of the Bay Valley Athletic League last week and won twice.
18. (nr) St. Mary's (Berkeley) 16-2
If the Panthers' backcourt of John Sharper and Demetrius Freeman gets hot in the playoffs it could mean a ride all the way to the Div. I state finals.
19. (nr) Bishop Montgomery (Torrance) 18-5
Fred Washington and company have played a tough schedule and recent win over L.A. Fremont gets them inserted here.
20. (13) Fremont (Los Angeles) 17-4
Pathfinders must be getting tired of losing close games to strong opposition.