More than 200 teams across the country have competed in five regional tournaments this summer for the opportunity to play in the adidas 7on7 finals.
The first day at the adidas 7on7 finals consists of round-robin pool play, with the single elimination championship tournament on Thursday July 31st. Finalists qualified at regional tournaments hosted by Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles), University of Notre Dame (South Bend, Ind.), University of Central Florida (Orlando, Fla.), Texas A&M (College Station, Texas), and University of Tennessee (Knoxville, Tenn.). Finalists include:
• Crenshaw High School (Los Angeles)
• Concord High School (Elkhart, Ind.)
• Farragut High School (Knoxville, Tenn.)
• Jupiter Christian High School (Jupiter, Fla.)
• Mesquite High School (Mesquite, Texas)
• Richland High School (Ft. Worth, Texas)
• Sacred Heart-Griffin High School (Springfield, Ill.)
Now in its fourth year, the adidas 7on7 Football Tournament has become a proving ground for young football players and a hot bed for top college recruits. The tournament allows skill position players to refine their timing and teamwork before their high school season begins and helps players stay in shape year round through competitive playing and conditioning.