1. Morrell Presley, Carson (Calif.)- USC
Presley is the best receiving tight end in the country and was the MVP of the Los Angeles UnderArmour/Scout.com Combine where he put on a show.
2. Levine Toilolo, La Mesa (Calif.) Helix- Stanford
Earned the nickname "Red Zone" after starring in Las Vegas at the Badger/New Level Passing Tourney. A big target with soft hands.
3. Zach Ertz, Danville (Calif.) Monte Vista- Stanford
May be the most complete tight end in the region, Ertz has a nice frame and is tough to bring down.
4. Christopher Coyle, Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian- Arizona State
Good quickness and route running, Coyle can take a hit, and will deliver one, with the ball in his hands.
5. Marlion Barnett, Corona (Calif.) Santiago
A good athlete, Barnett excels at receiving and could even play linebacker in college.
6. Terrence Miller, Moreno Valley (Calif.) Rancho Verde
Had a dozen touchdowns as a junior and will likely see that number rise as his teams top receiver.
7. J.T. Kerr, San Diego (Calif.) Scripps Ranch
Now that he's with quarterback Tate Forcier, figures to see his numbers explode after being in ground-oriented offense.
8. Trevor Peterson, Placerville (Calif.) El Dorado- Boise State
As physical a player as you'll find at this position, Peterson does it all for El Dorado, playing tight end and safety.
9. Gavin Escobar, Santa Margarita (Calif.)
Had a big summer and will be one of the top prospects in Orange County. Plays receiver but will likely end up as a tight end in college.
Sterling Carter, Torrance (Calif.)
Good athlete also plays volleyball for Torrance
The Next 5 (in alphabetical order):
Brent Bettencourt, Clovis (Calif.)
Charlie Taylor, Fresno (Calif.) Clovis West
D.J. Maciel, Hanford (Calif.)
Delton Edwards, Pinole (Calif.) Valley
Denzel Pruitt, Sacramento (Calif.)