Florida(10): Not surprisingly the National Champs have plucked 10 commits and have plenty of in-state talent still on the hook including Chris Dunkley, Chaz Green, Brandon Linder, James Louis, and Kadron Boone.
Miami(8): Miami has received verbals from 8 players, 5 of which are OL/DL. The Canes are still actively looking for CB's and WR's.
Georgia(6): Despite what is expected to be a relatively small class in 2010, the Dawgs have raided Florida for six commits already. Hat's off to Mark Richt and staff for a tremendous start in the Sunshine State.
Florida State(5): Solid start for the Noles, C. Green, L. Joyner, and Christian Jones are three big time play-makers who have FSU in the lead. Johnson and Noel from Pahokee are a good sign going forward.
A LOOK AT SOME POSITIONS
Amazingly there are 15 OFFENSIVE LINEMEN who are committed right now and two big names still out there in Brandon Linder and Chaz Green.
A very, very deep corner class has just 7 commits at this time.
Not surprisingly, perhaps the top 5 DT's are off the board at this time and ALL are committed to 'Big 3' schools(2 for Miami and FSU and 1 at UF).
The QB dominoes should begin to fall over the next 6 weeks, currently 6 are committed, with 3 committed to BCS schools.
1. Ohio State(0): The Buckeyes have been very active in Florida the last two years signing 3 and 4 players. They are in the thick of it with Joyner and there is interest in Tony Grimes and Linder. Perhaps telling is just two players made it to their Spring Game. Look for some names to emerge over the next several months.
2. Auburn(1): Sure they only signed one in 2009, but had 10 in both 2007 and 2008 and are known to be very active in Florida. A new staff may be targeting other areas. Their commit right now is a kicker.
3. Mississippi State(0): With Dan Mullen coming over from UF, it was expected that MSU was going to make a splash in Florida in 2010. So far that has not happened, perhaps he is trying to lock down in-state first.
5 PLAYERS WHO ARE COVETED AND UNCOMMITTED
1. Jeff Luc: The Treasure Coast star has offers from everyone in the country and is wide open. He is a player who everyone will wait on.
2. Christian Green: The Tampa Catholic QB will play WR at the next level. This is shaping up to be a classic FSU-UF battle. He has strong ties to FSU.
3. Lamarcus Joyner: Right now, FSU and OSU hold an edge on the rest of the field, but several schools still have a puncher's shot. The electrifying athlete from St. Thomas could project to CB, S, or WR at the next level.
4. Corey Lemonier: The stud Hialeah DE might be the state's biggest no-brainer. The hometown Canes are believed to hold an edge, but FSU, Alabama, Florida, and Georgia are realistic options.