For the fourth year, the Best of the Midwest Combine is set to bring the region's top talents to Indianapolis. This year, many of the attendees come in with offers already, with several committed players among the group as well. Here is a look.
The Best of the Midwest is now in it's fourth year and in that relatively short time, the event has had many notable alumni including Sheldon Day, David Perkins, Gehrig Dieter, Jaylon Smith, Delano Hill, Elijah Daniel, David Kenney, Steven Elmer, Antonio Allen, Kyle Bolin and others. This year, the roster appears to be even more loaded than in years past.
Jayru Campbell - Detroit Cass Tech (Mich.) (2015)
Chance Stewart - Sturgis (Mich.)
Connor Christiansen - Fishers (Ind.)
Jeff George - Warren Central (Ind.)
Reece Metcalf - Mt. Carmel (Ill.)
Noah Wezensky- Ft. Wayne Bishop Luers (Ind.) (2016)
- Stewart is a Wisconsin commit
- Campbell holds offers from Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan State and others.
- Wezensky is one of the young pups to watch, as he is just coming out of his freshman year.
Mike Weber - Detroit Cass Tech (Mich.) 2015
Bobby Dixon - Brother Rice (Mich.) 2015
Devine Redding - Mineral Ridge (Ohio)
Martayveus Carter - East Chicago (Ind.)
Antoine Stone - Walsh Jesuit (Ohio)
Marc Raye-Redmond - Trotwood-Madison (Ohio)
Maurice Woodard - West Lafayette (Ind.)
Adrian Smith - Warren Central (Ind.)
- Weber, despite being only a sophomore, is one of the headliners as he has Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, and Syracuse.
- Carter does not have any offers yet, but we think he has a good shot to earn some soon. The same goes for Woodard/.
- Redding comes in holding an Indiana offer already.
Marshon Lattimore - Cleveland Glenville (Ohio)
Cameron Polk - Hamilton Southeastern (Ind.)
Lonnie Johnson - Gary West Side (Ind.)
Bo Hines - Charlotte Christian (NC)
Brian Cole - Saginaw Heritage (Mich.) 2015
Jon Vea Johnson - Gary West Side HS (Ind.)
Avonte Maddox - Detroit King (Mich.)
Shaq Vann - South Bend Adams (Ind.)
Jacquet McClendon - Evergreen Park (Ill.)
Michael Siragusa - Cleveland St. Ignatius (Ohio)
Terry McLaurin - Indianapolis Cathedral (Ind.)
- Lattimore is one of the top overall prospects in the Midwest right now and holds several offers including Ohio State.
- The Gary team of Johnson and Johnson had a great showing at the Core 6 event recently and will look to continue that here. Lonnie has several BCS offers and Jon Vea' is a kid we believe will earn some as the process moves along.
- Polk has the attention of several BCS schools and one offer. McLaurin is another local product we liked on film.
- Cole may be one of the top sophomores in the Midwest. He already has an offer from Michigan State.
Darryl Long - Westerville South (Ohio)
Trequan Burnett - East Chicago (Ind.)
Seth Overla - Troy (Ohio)
Kyle Schrank - Hamilton Southeastern (Ind.) 2015
- Long has early offers from Indiana, Illinois, Pittsburgh and others and has a great frame at 6'4, 220-lbs.
- Overla and Burnett both go 6'3, 220-lbs. Neither has offers at this time, but could raise their stock at the event.
- Schrank is a youngster to look out for.
Kirk Barron - Mishawaka Marian (Ind.)
Drew Broughton - Fishers (Ind.)
Marcelys Jones - Cleveland Glenville (Ohio)
Rob Dowdy - Westerville South (Ohio) 2015
Lukayus McNeil - Decatur Central (Ind.)
Kyonta Stallworth - South Lake (Mich.) 2015
Alex Woods - Center Grove (Ind.)
Grayden Campbell - Ontario (Canada) 2015
Ethan McKenzie - Heritage Christian (Ind.)
- Jones is committed to Ohio State and a guy we're looking forward to getting a good look at. He's massive at 6'5, 330-lbs..
- McNeil is an intriguing kid at 6'7.
- Stallworth and Dowdy are two young guys who are already hearing from BCS programs. Campbell, who is coming down from Canada, is another young guy to watch.
- Barron does not have any offers currently, but after earning OL MVP at a previous camp, he's looking to keep momentum going here.
- Broughton, Woods and McKenzie are also without offers but could vault up boards with strong showings.
Joshua Alabi - Detroit Cass Tech (Mich.) 2015
Aleni “Junior” Berry - Terre Haute South (Ind.)
Nathan Braster - Ft. Wayne South Side (Ind.)
Jashon Cornell - Cretin Derham Hall (Minn.) 2015
Logan Dziak - Buckeye Valley (Ohio)
Kevin Willis - Lawrence Central (Ind.)
Joe Belden - Avon (Ind.) 2015
- Strong group of young guys. Alabi has offers from Michigan and Michigan State already. Cornell could end up as one of the top guys in the 2015 class in the Midwest.
- Willis, who can play DT or center, already has an offer from Indiana.
- Berry has had some good camp showings in the past and is looking to grab some headlines along with Dziak, who has a lot of schools recruiting him and Braster, a 6'5, 220-lb end who may shed the sleeper tag after this event.
Chris Frey - Upper Arlington (Ohio)
Dorian Hendrix - Huber Hts. Wayne (Ohio)
William White - Detroit Cass Tech (Mich.)
Carl Fuller - Detroit King (Mich.)
Airius Moore - Beavercreek (Ohio)
Patrick Shaw - East Chicago (Ind.)
Brandon Lee - Lawrence Central (Ind.)
Keegan McFatridge - Center Grove (Ind.)
- Most of this group comes in already holding BCS offers.
- Hendrix, Frey and Moore all come in from Ohio with nice early offer lists. White has an Indiana offer. Fuller has Syracuse and Toledo.
- Lee has several BCS offers including Indiana and Kentucky. He is also hearing from Notre Dame, Michigan and tothers.
Damon Webb - Detroit Cass Tech (Mich.)
Erick Smith - Cleveland Glenville (Ohio)
Jalen Embry - Detroit King (Mich.)
Alonzo Saxton - Bishop Hartley (Ohio)
Darius West - Lima Central Catholic (Ohio)
Ryan Neal - Merrillville (Ind.)
Timothy Cason II- Clarkston (Mich.)
Donovan Clark - Ft. Wayne South Side (Ind.)
Tim Gordon - Cretin Derham Hall (Minn.)
- Webb is an Ohio State commit and a top 40 national prospect. Smith holds a Buckeye offer as well.
- Clark just received an Indiana offer, Saxton and West both have BCS offers, while Emrby and Cason also hold Division-1 offers.
- Neal and Gordon are both without offers, but are good prospects. Gordon says at least one school told him an offer could be coming soon.