FORUM GUIDELINES :: Please Read and adhere.
1.Participation in the Mississippi Sports Talk website is a privilege and constitutes agreement to the following guidelines, which apply to posts, profile information, avatars, signatures, any other content on this site and participation in general.
2. Respect is the name of the game. Please don’t post inflammatory or and defamatory comments about each other. If you disagree with something don’t simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you disagree with it, state why - respectfully. Don’t just tell them they’re wrong. Allow people to have their opinion. No one is to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each one to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it is a valid, well thought out opinion.
Whenever you are participating in this community, please keep in mind that we strive to create a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere. So, please have fun and enjoy the forums!
3. Don’t get all wrapped up in member post count. It should not be taken too seriously. Attempts to artificially boost your post count are frowned upon and might be removed.
4. Cross posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of some posts. Cross posting is posting the same info in two or more locations. Just try to post your info in the most appropriate place on the forums.
5. Advertisements in topics/posts are not allowed.
6. Freedom of speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one. These guidelines detail the types of behavior and activities that are allowed here.
7. Do not post personal home address or phone numbers.
8. Stay on topic when posting. Respect the original poster and the direction their topic started on. Don’t allow a topic to become a personal conversation between just a couple of people. Take 1 to 1 conversations to PM.
9. No “bumping” topics
10. Do not accuse coaches, players, teachers, school officials, or pretty much anyone else of immoral and/or illegal activity. If you feel something is wrong in your local community it should be taken to your local authorities/officials.
11. Each user is allowed to create one account. We are sorry that we are not able to change your username. If by chance you do want a new username, let us know so we can shut down your old one.
12. Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. This includes words and pictures both. Abbreviations, self censoring, and attempts to circumvent the word censoring feature of the community software also violate this guideline. When linking to outside websites, you must ensure that the content of the link is appropriate for our community, in line with the guidelines laid out here.
13. Moderators and administration have the final say on anything. If you have a problem, you should contact them directly. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not good. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact a staff member and we will review the situation
14. Limitation of Liability. While the administrators and staff of this site do try to make sure rules and guidelines are followed, the "real-time" nature of this community means they are not always able to prevent or remove inappropriate information or messages from being displayed and therefore can not be held responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message on these forums.
All posts should be considered the opinions of the respective authors and not that of the administrators or this site.
15. If a user violates our guidelines and shows a disregard for them, our staff and our community, they run the risk of being banned. We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.
If you ever need clarification on any part of our User Guidelines or have a question, suggestion, a bit of feedback or a problem with the site, please feel free to contact Blake directly to ensure that it receives the proper attention.