ShowMePreps.com Pre-Season Top 10 Class 5
1. Webster Groves- The Statesmen return a lot of the same talent that led them to a state championship last year. QB Marquis Clemons is back after splitting duty at the position, as is Demetrious "The Moss Miracle" Robinson at WR and OLs Jackson Roberts 6'7" 290 and Allan Benson. Jackson's younger brother Alex, is a 6'4" 240lbs sophomore who will bookend his bro at RT. Defensively, Jason Meehan is back to lead the defense.
2. Lee's Summit West- The Titans are still young, but have a lot of talent and size on both sides of the ball. QB Luke Knott is a true dual threat and WR Brandon Smith has had an impressive summer at camps. OL Evan Boehm is already a D1 prospect in high demand despite only being a junior and Caleb Foster 6'2" 250 is also a standout along the OL.
On defense, they have a strong front seven led by DL Chris Wiseman6'4"220 and soph Jamone Boyd 6'4" 245 along with linebackers Nick Ramirez,Ryan Miller and Spencer Brown.
3. Parkway North- Coach Bob Bunton returns a team that is not unlike many of his winning teams over the years. They will have a strong running game and defense. Those two things will win you a lot of games. QB Culver Plant is back along with RB James Hawkins abd speedy WR Dorian Hobbs. Massive LT Montae Jones 6'3" 330 is a transfer in from Florida who has impressed coaches over the summer.
On defense, DT Carl Miller 6'3" 300 is back after a strong junior year to team up with fellow DT Jacob Stone 6'4" 240 and athletic DE Phillip Posey. LB Donavain Newsom is another standout to watch for.
4.Staley- The Flacons return possibly the top backfield in the state with the speedy duo of Evan Campbell and Morgan Steward. QB Michael Rich also returns after a strong junior season.
D1 prospect Videl Nelson leads the defense along with DT Austin Hooten and LB Davion Payne.
5.Chaminade- With 3 D1 prospects on offense it will be tough for any opposing team to stop them QB Christian Suntrup is headed to Boston College, TE Brandon Hannah to Missouri and RB Rob Standard has several D1 offers.
LB Brandon Minor is a future D1 prospect despite being only a sophomore.
6. Ft. Osage- Coach Shartz will reload with some new players but has the talent their to compete. Soph QB Steven McBee saw action last year.
7. Park Hill- Senior QB Nathan Wilson, RB Trace Norfeet and big OT Adam Vanderpool return on offense. Big transfer DT Ondre Pipkins has an offer from Missouri.
8. Rolla- All-state RB Jonny Canhos is back along with QB Jake Morris to lead the bulldogs who were 10-2 last year.
9.Winnetonka- The Griffins will be a young but talented team. RB Alex Howell stood out at camps this summer and ready for a break out season. The Morris bothers will lead the defense.
10. Hazelwood East- The Spartans always produce talent, and new coach Brian Simmons inherited his fair share. RB E'lon Spight returns along with speedy WR/DB Kenneth Wells. East should be solid along the lines as well.
Others Teams Who Can Challenge:
Park Hill South, Timberland,Nixa, Riverview Gardens, Waynesville, Camdenton and Ft. Zumwalt East.