Fall NLI Signing Period
November 14, 2008
Area high schools in red
- Gavin Glanton, a 6-foot-7, 200-pound forward from Forrest City H.S. in Arkansas, averaged 16.9 points and 9.7 rebounds as a junior. Also played for the AAU Arkansas Wings program.
- Blake Metcalf, a 6-foot-9, 250-pound center from Plainfield H.S. and Camby, Ind., averaged 13.2 points and 9.4 rebounds & had a .636 field goal percentage as a junior.
- Ralph Watts, a 6-foot-5, 195-pound swingman from Peekskill H.S. in New York, averaged 12.1 points, 6.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists for the Red Devils who compiled a 25-1 record. He was also recruited by Binghamton, Colgate, Fairfield, Hartford, Sacred Heart and Siena.
- Dara Nd-Ezuma, a 6-foot-10 center from Life Center High School in Columbus, N.J., just began playing basketball a few years ago.
- Sir Christian Williams, a 6-foot-4, 210-pound combo guard from Cleveland Heights High School in Ohio, averaged 10.5 points, 4.5 assists and 4.3 rebounds last season.
- Austin Johnson, a 6-foot-7, 215-pound power forward from Cheltenham, Pa. and Blair Academy in N.J., averaged 19 points and 11 rebounds per game as a junior. Also plays with the Playaz Basketball Club.
- Dane Miller, a 6-foot-7, 210-pound combo forward from Rush-Henrietta HS in Henrietta, N.Y., averaged 22.0 points, 16.0 rebounds and 5.0 blocks as a junior. Plays AAU for Upstate Basketball. .
- Garrett Constance, a 6-foot-5, 205-pound wing from The Woodlands High School in Texas, averaged 19 points and 5 rebounds per game as a junior.
- Danny Mundweiler, a 5-foot-10, 180-pound point guard from Olathe East High School in Kansas, averaged 13 points and 4 assists last season. His older brother, Joey, is a senior guard on Wagner's team.
- Colin Sekal, a 6-foot-7, 215-pound combo forward from Polk County High School in Columbus, N.C., averaged 14 points and 9 rebounds on last year's 26-2 squad. His father, Scott, played at Michigan State when Mike Deane, Wagner's head coach, was an assistant. "I recruited his father to Michigan St. when I coached there 25 years ago, so I'm very familiar with his family and background," said Deane.
- Phillip Roth, a left-handed 6-foot-8, 215-pound power forward from Dallas, TX and Richardson High School, was a District 9-5A First-Team selection. last season.