This week brings another big test for the Wayne Warriors. In past years a game with Springfield North meant lopsided wins. That is not the case in 2003, with the Panthers being the most improved team in the GWOC.
With its big test against Piqua over and done with, Coach Minton had to prepare his team for another team looking to make a statement. Springfield North has become a very good offensive team. With quarterback E.J. Jones running the offense the Panthers look to run first and throw just to keep the defense honest. With running back Vince Corner leading the rushing attack, look for the Panthers to use their work horse back early and often in the contest. Also look for Pete Ankrom to spell Corner when needed.
WAYNE ATHLETIC BOOSTER
When the Panthers throw Jones will look for Kyle Gray & Justin Boyd to pick up big yards. The Warrior defense must stop the running attack and force the Panthers into throwing the ball. Expect big games from David Day, Marcus Freeman and Brandon Waller.
The Warriors will stay with the attack that's taken them to a 6-1 mark this season. Thomas Mouser will be the work horse back and look for Matt Whited to try and hook up with Greg Orton often. Also look for Orton to have more chances running the ball with reverses in this game. The biggest area of concern for the Warriors will be looking ahead.
Will the Warriors take North lightly and look ahead to next weeks showdown with Centerville? In talking with Coach Minton he stressed the team is expecting a battle with the Panthers on Friday night and can't look at the Elks until Saturday.
You can listen to the North Panthers take on the Wayne Warriors live on OhioPrepScene.com. Pre game starts at 7:00 with kickoff at 7:30.
To listen to the live/archived broadcast click on the game link. You must have Windows Media Player to listen to the game. If you don't have Media Player click on the icon to download for free.
version of Windows Media Player for Mac OS X is not compatible with this
broadcast. *A new version of Windows Media Player for Mac OS X is to be released
soon so that you can hear the broadcast using OS X.
Please follow the directions below to listen to the broadcast under OS 9 until the new player is released.
1. Make sure you do not have Windows Media Player for Mac OS X open. Please close it now if it is open.
2. Download Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac OS 8.1-9x
3. Install the player in either OS 9 Classic under OS X or reboot in OS 9.
4. Open Windows Media Player 7.1 player in OS 9 Classic under OS X or reboot in OS 9.
5. Go to ohioprepscene.com and follow the links to the Wayne broadcast.
6. When you click on the broadcast link it should load into version 7.1 automatically. You should now hear the broadcast.
7. If you still need help then please contact Broadcast Monsters at 1-877-913-9739
***This will also work when listening to rebroadcasts (archived broadcasts) of the Wayne games.