Penn Preps releases its state high school football rankings after Week One. Be sure to check out our extended coverage of District 12 (Philadelphia), District 7 (WPIAL), District 3 and District 1 later on this week on scoutpennpreps.com. We will also be posting video links of several games courtesy of various other media outlets across the state of Pennsylvania.
Out of rankings: Whitehall (lost to Emmaus 38-14, previously #7)
Week 1 Notes: Archbishop Wood lost an out-of-state game to Bergen Catholic but that doesn’t change their ranking for this week. West Allegheny makes their first appearance in our rankings this year. The WPIAL currently has five teams in our top ten. Manheim Central is currently the lone representative from District 3 but that may change in the upcoming weeks. Exeter, who is currently unranked, could break into the top ten in the upcoming weeks.
- Archbishop Wood (0-1) – lost to Bergen Catholic (NJ) 34-16 , no change
- McKeesport (2-0) – defeated Franklin Regional 14-7, no change
- Upper St. Clair (1-0) – defeated North Hills 28-7, no change
- Wyoming Valley West (2-0) – defeated Hazleton 26-15, no change
- Woodland Hills (2-0) – defeated Baldwin 48-20, no change
- Penn-Trafford (2-0)- defeated Connellsville 48-7, no change
- Academy Park (2-0) – defeated Unionville 22-18, previously #8
- Upper Dublin (2-0)- defeated Harry S. Truman 41-0 , previously #9
- Manheim Central (1-0) – defeated Warrick 38-17, previously #10
- West Allegheny (1-0) – defeated Fox Chapel 23-0, previously unranked