Penn Preps releases its state high school football rankings after Week Eight. Our rankings come out on the following Wednesday once all games are completed. Penn Preps rankings are solely based on the research, games watched and knowledge of the Scout Penn Preps staff. Penn Preps does not consider any other rankings and is not a part of any newspaper or other Pennsylvania media association.
- Bishop Guilfoyle (9-0) – defeated Greater Johnstown 21-14, no change in ranking
- Clairton (8-0) – defeated Riverview 60-0, no change in ranking
- Jeannette (9-0) – defeated Mapletown 48-0, no change in ranking
- Rochester (8-0) – defeated Union 55-12, no change in ranking
- Northgate (7-1) – defeated Summit Academy 28-14, previously No. 6
- Williams Valley (8-1) – defeated previous No. 5 Tri-Valley 14-7
- Conemaugh Township (8-1) – defeated Blacklick Valley 50-0, previously No. 8
- Berlin Brothersvalley (8-1) – defeated Windber 52-8, previously No. 10
- Portage (7-2) – defeated Shade 34-26, previously unranked
- Homer-Center (8-1) – defeated Blairsville 43-14, previously unranked
New teams: Portage and Homer-Center
Dropped teams: Fort Cherry, Tri-Valley
Quick Take: No. 2 Clarton and No. 3 Jeannette will play each other this week in what may be the first of two match-ups within the month or so (the other may take place in the WPIAL playoffs). Bishop Guilfoyle remains No. 1 with their win over Class AAAA No. 10 Johnstown. Tri-Valley drops out of the top ten with their 14-7 loss to Williams Valley. Fort Cherry didn’t last too long in our top ten after losing to Carmichaels by a score of 17-6.