Penn Preps releases its state high school football rankings after Week Eight. Our rankings come out on the following Wednesday once all games are completed. Penn Preps rankings are solely based on the research, games watched and knowledge of the Scout Penn Preps staff. Penn Preps does not consider any other rankings and is not a part of any newspaper or other Pennsylvania media association.
- Hickory (9-0) defeated Reynolds 54-7, no change in ranking
- Beaver Area (7-1) – defeated Mount Pleasant 27-6, no change in ranking
- Beaver Falls (7-1) – defeated Hopewell 34-21, on change in ranking
- Middletown (8-0) – defeated Boiling Springs 42-6, previously No. 5
- Central (Martinsburg) – defeated Huntingdon 21-0, previously No. 6
- Scranton Prep (8-1) – defeated West Scranton 28-7, previously No. 8
- Aliquippa (7-2) – defeated previous No. 4 Central Valley 22-14, previously unranked
- Karns City (8-1) – defeated Moniteau 44-10, previously No. 9
- Derry (9-0) – defeated Waynesburg Central 38-0, previously No. 10
- Montoursville (8-1) – defeated Hughesville 38-35, previously unranked
New teams: Aliquippa and Montoursville
Dropped teams: Central Valley and Notre-Dame Green-Pond
The WPIAL holds some of the best teams in Class AAA and there are 4-5 teams that are capable of winning the championship. Aliquippa knocks Central Valley out of the top ten this week after defeating them 22-14. Notre-Dame Green-Pond drops out of the top ten after losing their second game to Saucon Valley by a score of 28-24. No. 4 Middletown continues to roll on as they easily disposed of Boiling Springs by a score of 42-6.