Penn Preps releases its state high school football rankings after Week Eight. Our rankings come out on the following Wednesday once all games are completed. Penn Preps rankings are solely based on the research, games watched and knowledge of the Scout Penn Preps staff. Penn Preps does not consider any other rankings and is not a part of any newspaper or other Pennsylvania media association.
- Imhotep Charter (7-0) – idle. No change in ranking
- Cathedral Prep (9-0) – defeated Erie East 42-0, no change in ranking
- Thomas Jefferson (8-0) – defeated Laurel Highlands 51-0, no change in ranking
- South Fayette (9-0) – defeated Highlands 48-14, no change in ranking
- Interboro (8-1) – defeated Academy Park 29-24, previously No. 7
- Cardinal O’Hara – (8-0) – idle, previously No. 8
- Berks Catholic – (7-1)- defeated Schuylkill Valley 48-0, previously No. 9
- Allentown Central Catholic (8-1) – defeated William Allen 42-7, previously unranked
- Clearfield (8-1) – defeated Philipsburg-Osceola 49-0, previously unranked
- Greater Johnstown (8-1) – lost to Bishop Guilfoyle 21-14, previously No. 6
New teams: Allentown Central Catholic and Clearfield
Dropped out: Bethlehem Catholic and Belle Vernon
Quick take: No. 5 Interboro flexed their muscle by defeating previously Class AAAAA No. 3 Academy Park 29-24. Greater Johnstown drops down a few spots to No. 10 after losing 21-14 to Class A No. 1 Bishop Guilfoyle. Clearfield and Allentown Central Catholic enter our top ten for the first time this year.