Penn Preps releases its state high school football rankings after Week Eight. Our rankings come out on the following Wednesday once all games are completed. Penn Preps rankings are solely based on the research, games watched and knowledge of the Scout Penn Preps staff. Penn Preps does not consider any other rankings and is not a part of any newspaper or other Pennsylvania media association.
- Archbishop Wood (5-2) – defeated Upper Darby 40-7, no change in ranking
- West Allegheny – (8-0)- defeated previously No. 4 Woodland Hills 52-13, no change in ranking
- Armstrong – (8-1) – defeated Connellsville 62-0, previously No. 6
- McKeesport - (8-1) – defeated Gateway 34-19, previously No. 7
- Harrisburg – (5-3) – lost to State College 35-28, previously No. 8
- Manheim Central (7-1) – defeated Cedar Crest 41-7, previously No. 10
- Academy Park (8-1) – lost to Interboro 29-24, previously No. 3
- Upper Dublin (7-1) – defeated Hatboro-Horsham 42-21, previously unranked
- Cedar Cliff (7-1) – defeated Red Land 55-26, previously unranked
- Woodland Hills (7-2) – lost to West Allegheny 52-13, previously No. 4
New Team: Upper Dublin
Dropped out: Grove City
Quick take: Even though Harrisburg lost 35-28 to Class AAAAAA No. 5 State College, they gained a big-time player in Micah Parsons this week. Parsons transferred from Central Dauphin almost two weeks ago and was cleared to play this week (long story). This instantly makes Harrisburg among the the favorites to win District 3-AAAAA.