Penn Preps releases its state high school football rankings after Week Nine. Our rankings come out on the following Wednesday once all games are completed. Penn Preps rankings are solely based on the research, games watched and knowledge of the Scout Penn Preps staff. Penn Preps does not consider any other rankings and is not a part of any newspaper or other Pennsylvania media association.
- Archbishop Wood (6-2) -defeated LaSalle College 31-8, no change in ranking.
- West Allegheny (9-0) - defeated Moon 33-14, no change in ranking.
- Armstrong (9-1) - defeated Kiski Area 38-6, no change in ranking.
- Harrisburg (6-3) - defeated Carlisle 45-7, previously No. 5
- Manheim Central (8-1)- defeated Solanco 78-26, previously No. 6
- Academy Park (9-1)- defeated Chichester 36-0, previously No. 7
- Upper Dublin (8-1) - defeated Upper Moreland 41-21, previously No. 8
- Woodland Hills (8-2) - defeated Upper St. Clair 28-21, previously No. 10
- McKeesport (8-2) - lost to Penn-Trafford 20-10, previously No. 4
- Cedar Cliff (8-1) - defeated Mechanicsburg 51-7, previously No. 9
Quick take: Even with McKeesport losing to Penn-Trafford 20-10, we will keep them in the top ten for right now. Four of the top teams are from the WPIAL and the playoffs start for that conference this upcoming weekend. Harrisburg has a tough conference game against Cumberland Valley this weekend.