Penn Preps releases its state high school football rankings after Week Nine. Our rankings come out on the following Wednesday once all games are completed. Penn Preps rankings are solely based on the research, games watched and knowledge of the Scout Penn Preps staff. Penn Preps does not consider any other rankings and is not a part of any newspaper or other Pennsylvania media association.
- Hickory (9-0) - idle, no change in ranking.
- Beaver Falls (8-1) - defeated Beaver Area 20-15, previously No. 3
- Middletown (9-0) - defeated Milton Hershey 49-20, previously No. 4
- Central (Martinsburg) (9-1) - defeated Eastern York 47-7, previously No. 5
- Aliquippa (7-2) - defeated Hopewell 36-30, previously No. 7
- Scranton Prep (9-1) - defeated North Pocono 28-7, no change in ranking
- Derry (10-0)-defeated McGuffy 52-22, previously No. 9
- Central Valley (7-3) - forfeit win, 2-0 , Shady Side Academy, previously unranked.
- Loyalsock Township (8-2) - defeated previously No. 10 Mountoursville 27-14, previously unranked.
- Beaver Area (7-2) - lost to previously No. 3 Beaver Falls 20-15, previously No. 2. SEASON COMPLETE.
Dropped out: Montoursville (8-2, lost to Loyalsock Township 27-14), Karns City (8-2, lost to Clearfield 35-28)
Dropped in: Loyalsock Township, Central Valley.
Quick take: It almost seems criminal that Beaver Area will not be in the WPIAL playoffs this year even though they've had a great season. With the new playoff format due to the additional classes, you figured teams would be left out in the cold. Loyalsock enters our top ten for the first time this year while Central Valley climbs back into it. Aliquippa has rebounded from the loss to Clairton a few weeks ago quite nicely.