Penn Preps releases its state high school football rankings after Week Nine. Our rankings come out on the following Wednesday once all games are completed. Penn Preps rankings are solely based on the research, games watched and knowledge of the Scout Penn Preps staff. Penn Preps does not consider any other rankings and is not a part of any newspaper or other Pennsylvania media association.
- Bishop Guilfoyle (10-0) - defeated Somerset 48-14, no change in ranking
- Clairton (9-0) - defeated previous No. 3 Jeannette 32-13, no change in ranking
- Rochester (9-0) - defeated Western Beaver 50-6, previously No. 4
- Jeanette (9-1)- lost to Clairton 32-13, previously No. 3
- Northgate (8-1) - defeated Cornell 76-0, no change in ranking
- Homer-Center (9-1) - defeated previous No. 8 Berlin Brothersvalley 33-10
- Williams Valley (9-1) - defeated Pine Grove 51-7, no change in ranking
- Portage (8-2) - defeated Blairsville 30-21, previously No. 9
- Tri-Valley (8-2) - defeated East Juniata 28-0, previously unranked
- Bishop Canevin (7-2) - defeated Carmichaels 44-13, previously unranked
Dropped out: Berlin Brothersvalley, Conemaugh Township
Dropped in: Tri-Valley and Bishop Canevin
Quick take: We think that Clairton and Bishop Guilfoyle both deserve to be ranked No. 1 but we won't take the easy way out. Berlin Brothersvalley and Conemaugh Township drop out after losing this past weekend. The rankings are WPIAL-team heavy, however, we don't see any of the other teams defeating Clairton unless the Bears get hit with injuries to their star players (see Lamont Wade).