MONDAY'S RECRUITING NOTES
- First things first 2014 Bamberg-Ehrhardt High LB/TE Kevin "KC" Crosby landed another ACC offer as coach Andre Powell extended the state's top freshman prospect. Expect Crosby to be in the mix as one of the nation's overall top prospects in the 2014 class before he's done. All indications point to him having a Marcus Lattimore or Jadeveon Clowney type of recruitment in terms of pretty much every major college program in the country wanting a chance to land him.
- 2011 RB/ATH Jalen Pauling of Chapin High is heading the JUCO route and will play for the Greenville Titans. An electric type of player in space Pauling is hoping to open more eyes with the Titans while taking classes at Greenville Tech. The Titans are led by former Woodmont High coach Richard Schrader and the program has landed some pretty strong prospects in their second season. More to come later about the Titans.
- 2013 Eastside High SF/PF Davaris McGowens has landed his first scholarship offer from Jacksonville University. The 6'5 220 pound prospect is working hard on his perimeter play as a lot of schools are wanting him to play the three as of right now. He says Clemson and USC are heavily involved as well along with a host of others.
- Jacksonville University has offered 2012 SG Spencer Collins of Easley High School as well. Collins also landed a scholarship offer from Gardner-Webb recently giving him two scholarships now. South Carolina native Will Jones is now an assistant coach at Jacksonville after previously coaching at both SC State and Charleston Southern. Jones is leading the charge for JU with these and other Palmetto State prospects. We'll have more with Collins as he's got a lot of upside at the SG/SF positions.
- 2012 Dillon High RB/ATH Jabo Lee told Scout.com South Recruiting Manager Chad Simmons that he's been offered by Virginia Tech as an athlete. Lee holds an offer from East Carolina and we'll try to confirm the VT offer.
- Auburn, LSU, and Alabama played host to Lee's Dillon High teammates 2012 WR Kwinton Smith and 2013 OL D.J. Park this weekend.
- Tennessee hosted Bamberg-Ehrhardt defensive standouts DE/DT Martin Aiken, DT David Deleon, and 2014 LB/TE Kevin Crosby as the trio camped in Knoxville. The Vols have offered all except the freshman sensation Crosby, but with Crosby picking up offers left and right as of late don't be surprised if they don't offer in the near future.
- Football Tech is hosting their Future Stars All-Star games throughout the country. South Carolina will play North Carolina and Bamberg-Ehrhardt assistant coach Corey Crosby held tryouts for his 7th grade and 8th grade teams recently. Some of SCPrepNation.com's early top prospects from the 2015 class made the team. Riverside RB Emanuel Jackson, Westside RB/LB Quincy McCauley, and Byrnes WR Tavin Richardson were named to the 8th grade team which will play against the NC All Stars at Panthers Stadium in Charlotte North Carolina on June 25th. SCPrepNation.com will have more updates with some of these promising young athletes soon so stay tuned.
- Speaking of 2015 Byrnes WR Tavin Richardson, we got word that he participated in a 7on7 event in Richmond Virginia with the Rebels and had a successful tournament with 24 receptions and 9 touchdowns. The 6'3 190 pound wide receiver has plenty of upside and the Rebels will have 4 years to utilize his skills and talents.