Guys like WR A.J. Green and QB Reid McCollum lead the way for Summerville as they emerged from the Lowcountry. For Byrnes DE Everett Dawkins, RB Marcus Lattimore, QB Chas Dodd, and WR Ricco Sanders powered the Rebels through the Upper State.
FINAL SCORE Byrnes 48 Summerville 9
Chas Dodd 22-38 325 yards 2 TD
Nick Jones 1-1 15 yards 1 TD
Marcus Lattimore 25 carries 113 yards 2 TD
Ricco Sanders 7 catches 89 yards
Nick Jones 4 catches 55 yards
Jason Logan 4 catches 98 yards 2 TD
Marcus Lattimore 7 catches 94 yards TD
Reid McCollum 11-32 108 yards
Jereme Green 7 carries 38 yards
Reid McCollum 7 carries 12 yards 1 TD
A.J. Green 3 catches 29 yards
- Byrnes CB Cartier Rice & CB Curtis Thompson both took turns covering Summerville WR A.J. Green with help over the top from S Justin Bright. They had great success shadowing Green all day until he left with an injury in the 3rd quarter. (We hear he may have suffered a concussion)
- The Byrnes defense shored up after the Green Wave scored on their first drive of the game. They didn't really pressure QB Reid McCollum too heavily but did enough to keep him off balance as he missed some throws that he normally makes.
- The overall speed and athleticism of the Rebels was apparent in today's game today.
- Summerville LB Justin Ball-Collins had a nice game with 7 tackles and a sack on the day. We'll keep a close eye on his recruitment.
- Summerville junior WR LaQuan Gilliard made plays on both sides of the ball and appears to be a player the Green Wave will want be a big part of their offense next year.
SCPrepNation.com will have more photo galleries and interviews with the players from both teams in the next 48 hours so stay tuned! Join now and see why we're the #1 source for SC high school sports and recruiting.