FINAL SCORE: Southside 44 J.L. Mann 59
Southside vs J.L. Mann Game Notes/Observations
- J.L. Mann's Camille Glymph is out currently with an injury. Glymph is one of the top guard prospects in her class but says she will return soon. We will have an upcoming interview with Camille to talk about her recruitment and career thus far so stay tuned.
- The Holliday sisters, Britney and Ashley, are a joy to watch for J.L. Mann. They both play the game the right way and hustle on the court. Senior Ashley poured in a game high 24 points coming on a great assortment of shots from all over the court. She came in as one of the top seniors in the state in the AAA ranks and she didn't disappoint. Britney is just a sophomore and she has all the signs of being just as good as her big sister. She chipped in 15 points and really gets after it. We'll be keeping close tabs on both Holliday sisters from here on out and plan to interview them as well to see what schools they are hearing from and are interested in at this point.
- Spoke with head coaches Darah Huffman (J.L. Mann) and Lamont Wakefield (Southside) prior to the game. Both are great coaches who really have a great passion for women's basketball and their players. Expect Huffman and company to make a charge for a 4th consecutive AAA state title once again while Wakefield has the tools to challenge for a championship this season in the AA ranks.
- Southside's Amber Coleman faced some double teams after scoring with relative ease in the early going for the Tigers. The defensive adjustment by the Patriots slowed her down a little but she still managed to score 14 points.
- Southside G Keema Blakney caught fire after missing a couple early on. She ended the first half with back to back to back three pointers. She finished the night with 12 points. We'd like to see her use her speed more and get to the basket to draw some fouls for easy points from the free throw line.
- Southside sophomore PG McKenzie Weston has a bright future ahead of her. She handles the ball well and is very quick. She used that quickness to fill the passing lanes and come up with some steals leading to easy layups. Weston shoots a pretty nice jumper from outside as well. Look for her to make some noise on the recruiting front as she continues to improve.
- Southside G Nakia Young is a name to remember. This young lady is just an 8th grader but she sure doesn't play like it. She's pretty smooth for her age and shows some good athleticism and instincts. She wasn't a huge factor in this game but we saw her at the Yellow Jacket Invitational last week and she's got a chance to be something really special if she continues to improve at her current pace. Write it down now, you heard it here first!
- It was great to see a nice turnout for the girls game. These young ladies go out and give it all they have just as much as the boys do.
Stay tuned for a photo gallery later on from the game between Southside and J.L. Mann. Keep it dialed in right here with SCPrepNation.com!
To contact us via email: SCPrepNation@aol.com or firstname.lastname@example.org