- Greenwood defeated Easley 63-55 in an important region victory. 2010 SG/SF Demarcus Harrison went for 25 points in the win while Zach Patterson added 18 for the Eagles. Easley was powered by Joe McNeely with 14, Joel Cook with 12, and 2012 SG Spencer Collins with 9 points. We have already interviewed the freshman sensation, Collins, and will be bringing forth his introduction in the next few days. Collins has a great skill set and tons of upside at this point especially battling in the AAAA ranks. College coaches will want to start tracking this young man now.
- J.L. Mann managed to come away with a 61-49 victory over Travelers Rest. 2011 SG Damien Leonard led the Patriots with 17 points while PG Devon Myrick added 14 points. Swingman Wheezy Whitley chipped in with 9 points in the victory. Marcus Johnson scored a game high 21 points for the Devildogs.
- Carolina High is looking to make noise in the AA ranks come playoff time and defeated Chesnee 69-57 at home. Underrated big man Jeremy Mansel and Zach McCullough both scored 18 points for coach Thomas Fair's squad.
- Greer High continues to roll and looks primed to make a deep run in the AAA ranks. The Yellow Jackets won the neighborhood battle for Greer with Riverside 89-73 on Tuesday night. 2010 PG Chandler Hash went for a mind boggling 43 points while SG Chris Dean continued his impressive play with 20 points for Jeff Neely's Yellow Jackets. Hash's stat line? 12 field goals, 5 triples, and 14-16 from the charity stripe. College coaches better start pressing Hash now because he's a lead guard who can flat out shoot the rock. Dean is already garnering a lot of D1 attention and expect Hash to become a high priority at least for a number of regional programs in the near future.
- Southside dumped Woodruff 93-35. Winthrop signee SG Robbie Dreher had 22 points and Quinton Thomas 17 points in the win. PG Chris Rhodes had 9 points and is still debating his future plans as Presbyterian and a few other D1 and D2 programs are looking hard at him for basketball once his test scores return. The Tigers had 12 players in the scoring column. They are still holding out hope that swingman Marlin Butler will be able to return in time for another run at the AA state title again this year.
- Keenan defeated Columbia 74-52. Bradley Smith had 22 and Ryan Norris added 18 in the victory for Keenan.
- Larry Sumter had 17 points in a 51-47 Richland Northeast victory over Irmo. Malcolm Rhett added 8 points while Rashawn Carroll had 7.
- In a heated AAAA battle Ridge View outlasted South Pointe 63-62 in a thriller. The Blazers were led by junior G Jamar Gillespie who poured in 26 points. High major target Michael Green added 17 points and added a few powerful dunks to emphasize some points home for the Blazers. Ridge View has a chance at being a #1 seed if they are victorious against Blythewood High.
Hoops Notes: Tuesday
SC Prep Nation Top Stories
QB Ben Batson Talks Recruiting & MoreAlready with one offer 2018 Daniel High quarterback Ben Batson is on the radar of a number of schools. With an impressive resume to his record thus far in his career Batson…
SC Prep Nation09/05/2016
Steelers Make No Excuses After Butt-KickingDale Lolley found truth in the Steelers' locker room, and it wasn't pretty following 34-3 loss
Steel City Insider1:21 AM
Steelers Bludgeoned In PhillyAll downhill after dropped touchdown pass; here's breakdown, injury list, quotes
Steel City InsiderYesterday at 5:22 PM
Notebook: Vikings create tale of two halvesFor the second straight road game, the Minnesota Vikings offense struggled early and dug a double-digit deficit before storming back for their second road victory of the season…
Viking UpdateYesterday at 3:33 PM
Notable Injuries Hurt Redskins in WinThe Redskins got the win they needed along with a lengthy injury report nobody desires.
Breaking BurgundyYesterday at 1:20 PM