- Williston-Elko athlete, Dexter Staley, has informed SCPrepNation.com of another scholarship offer that he's received. The 6-2, 220 pound star recently reported to us that Maryland was the most recent team to extend him an offer. The 2011 stud now claims five offers with Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Clemson being the others.
- 2011 S/LB prospect, Sebastian Short, from out of Hanahan High School took a trip to the University of Alabama on last weekend, to take in some of action from the Alabama/LSU match-up. The Low Country head-hunter shared that the atmosphere in Tuscaloosa was simply amazing. Alabama is one of several schools that have been flooding the young man's mailbox with letters. Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, and Florida State are a few others.
- A host of ACC programs have been expressing heavy interest in 2011 ATH Robert Smith, from out of Woodland High School. Smith, who already holds an official offer from ACC member, Clemson, informed us that Maryland, Georgia Tech, and North Carolina State have all been coming on strong lately, and that he expects one of them to offer him pretty soon.
Stratford High S/WR prospect, Brant Sally, has been attracting interest from Pac-10 member, UCLA, lately. And although he's not that familiar with the West Coast program, he's very eager to learn more about them. Sally, who was just recently selected to participate in the 2009 Shrine Bowl, has one scholarship offer on the table from Charleston Southern University.
Timberland High two-way star, Byron Mayes, has been steadily receiving attention from UCLA, Alabama, and Clemson. The 5-9, 180 pound CB/RB also informed us that his film has been reviewed by the Clemson Coaching Staff, and that they were highly impressed with what they saw. Mayes, who is a 2011 recruit, is the younger cousin of Clemson running back, Andre Ellington.
Scholarship offer #6 has arrived for 2011 running back prospect, Shon Carson. The 5-9, 195 pound ball carrier from out of Lake City High School received an official offer from the University of South Carolina on this past weekend. Carson, who's projected to be the top running back prospect in the state for the 2011 recruiting class has official offers from Duke, Tennessee, East Carolina, Clemson, North Carolina, and now South Carolina. Click the following link to see Carson in action in last week's playoff victory over Airport High. ScoutTV: 2011 Lake City RB Shon Carson
2009 North/South selection, Kentrell Freeman, from out of McCormick High School has been drawing interest from a host of in-state schools lately; Citadel, Newberry, Presbyterian, Clemson, and Coastal Carolina. And after speaking with a reliable source regarding Freeman, we found out that the 6-3, 220 pound linebacker prospect will be taking an official visit out to Coastal sometime in January. We were also informed that he'll be making a campus visit to Clemson very soon to have a meeting with the Coaching Staff to discuss the possibilities of becoming a Tiger. Note: Kentrell is currently sporting a 4.0 inside the classroom, and has scored a 1000 on the SAT.
- Tuesday We have just learned that 2012 Sumter High PF/C Brandon Bolden has earned a verbal offer from the Georgia Bulldogs. We will speak with Bolden to talk about his offer and early status of his recruitment. A long, wiry, athletic 6'9 post prospect Bolden has a chance to be one of the elite prospects in the 2012 recruiting class. Click the following link to get the inside scoop with SCPrepNation.com. BRANDON BOLDEN STORY LINK
- 2010 Byrnes WR Jazz King is down to North Carolina and Mississippi. He just came back from a visit during the Tar Heels victory over Miami. Our sources tell us the Heels are in a good position as word is that he'll announce fairly soon for his college destination. Stay tuned.
- Tuesday 2011 CB D.J. Bolden from Riverside High visited North Carolina State this past weekend and had a good time in Raleigh. A number of new schools have started to show interest in the playmaking cornerback as of late. Stay tuned for junior season video highlights and an update with Bolden to talk recruiting and his offseason plans.
- Wednesday We have learned that 2010 Byrnes DT Roland Johnson has qualified academically and will try to see what schools remain strongly involved in his recruitment. He recently made a trip to Tennessee we were told so we'll see who else is in the hunt now especially with the good news just in. Stay tuned as we're set to speak with Johnson tonight to talk about it all.
- Wednesday We hit the road tomorrow night and journey over to Southside High School to take in a basketball jamboree with approximately 6 boys and girls teams in action. We'll bring you video footage of some of the top prospects and teams participating. We've already got some prospects on the radar that we'll be featuring in the coming weeks so stay tuned for more of the best coverage when it comes to hoops in the Palmetto State.
Stay tuned...more to come from SCPrepNation.com as we continue to bring you the very best and most content each and every week when it comes to SC's top football and basketball prep prospects.
High school coaches if you want more exposure for your student-athletes who are receiving D1 interest then contact us at SCPrepNation@aol.com or email@example.com
SCPrepNation Recruiting Notebook
SC Prep Nation Top Stories
QB Ben Batson Talks Recruiting & MoreAlready with one offer 2018 Daniel High quarterback Ben Batson is on the radar of a number of schools. With an impressive resume to his record thus far in his career Batson…
SC Prep Nation09/05/2016
On Campus: September 30Practice is starting around the country for many schools, and several are using it as a huge recruiting weekend. Kansas has the biggest group of visitors coming in, but also…
Scout HoopsYesterday at 6:03 AM
Talib Confident In His Return To TampaThis week, Aqib Talib returns to take on the team who drafted him in 2008. The Pro Bowl cornerback shared his thoughts on the game this week.
Mile High HuddleThursday at 9:11 AM
Top Class of 2017 Commitments in SeptemberScout looks at the biggest commitments by conference for the class of 2017 during the month of September...
Scout FootballThursday at 6:00 AM
Cardinals sign specialists, Christian claimedThe Arizona Cardinals signed a pair of specialists Wednesday morning including former Jets punter Ryan Quigley.
CardinalsSourceWednesday at 12:45 PM