- 2009 Shrine Bowl selection, Malcolm Howard, of Goose Creek High School recently landed his first scholarship offer from Furman University. And according to the 6-0, 200 pound stud LB/SS prospect, The Citadel, Wofford, and Charleston Southern may not be too far behind. All three programs have been expressing heavy interest in the Low Country star and have already invited him up for official visits. Howard is a nominee for the 2009 Mr. Football Award.
- Despite Jerrell Priester's commitment to Vanderbilt University, the Kentucky Wildcats have been keeping very close tabs on the gifted athlete from out of Allendale-Fairfax High School. In fact the UKY Staff has invited the 5-9 speedster up to the Bluegrass State for an official visit next month, and he gladly excepted the invitation. Stay tuned with SCPrepNation.com to see how things play out between the Palmetto State prospect, and UKY.
- 2009 North/South selection, Philip George, from out of Keenan High school has been interacting with the coaching staff from the University of South Florida lately. The 6-0, 180 pound prospect just recently sent them some senior footage, and expect to hear something from them pretty soon. George currently has offers on the table from Buffalo, Hampton, North Carolina Central, North Carolina A&T, and Western Carolina.
- 2011 LB prospect, Marcus Bullard, who is expected to be a highly recruited prospect from out of the 2011 recruiting class. The highly-talented underclassmen landed scholarship offer number one on last week, courtesy of an ACC program. Wake Forest University was the first program to offer the 6-3, 200 pound prospect from out of Spring Valley High School. You can expect for more offers to come rolling in for the Midlands Area standout before it is all said and done.
- Two-time Region 6-AA Player of the Year, and 2009 North/South selection, Del'Javon Simmons, from out of Burke High School has been garnering attention from a variety of schools. Programs like The Citadel, Winston Salem, Tennessee State, and South Carolina State have all been keeping close tabs on the gifted prospect lately. We are certain that Simmons's stock will rise the minute his highlight reel starts making its way around the country. The gifted athlete accounted for 52 touchdowns and over 3,100 total yards for the Bulldogs on this past fall.
- 2010 DL prospect, Curtis Hill, has another scholarship offer to add to his list. The highly talented defensive lineman from out of Blythewood High School just recently landed an offer from the South Carolina State Bulldogs. Hill is now up to five offers with Western Carolina, Wisconsin, Georgia Southern, and Tennessee State being the other schools to offer.
- We were informed that Fort Dorchester CB prospect, Tyler Walker, could be on the verge of landing a couple of scholarship offers this week. The talented corner is expecting for North Carolina Central, and Gardner Webb University to extend him offers this week. Walker was recently in Durham, NC for an unofficial to NCCU, and is scheduled to take an official visit with them during the second week of December. We will keep you posted on the latest…
- C/DT prospect James Barnes from Keenan High School currently has one scholarship offer on the table from Newberry College. The 6-1, 275 pound athlete informed us that he has also been receiving letters/phone calls from a host of schools like Appalachian State, North Carolina Central, Florida State, Clemson, Western Carolina, and Coastal Carolina to name a few. Barnes was selected to participate in this year's Shrine Bowl.
Stay tuned...more to come from SCPrepNation.com as we continue to bring you the very best and most content each and every week when it comes to SC's top football and basketball prep prospects.
High school coaches if you want more exposure for your student-athletes who are receiving D1 interest then contact us at SCPrepNation@aol.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
SCPrepNation Recruiting Notebook
SC Prep Nation Top Stories
QB Ben Batson Talks Recruiting & MoreAlready with one offer 2018 Daniel High quarterback Ben Batson is on the radar of a number of schools. With an impressive resume to his record thus far in his career Batson…
SC Prep Nation09/05/2016
Cardinals mindful of Rams' defensive frontHeading into Sunday's matchup, Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians will have a watchful eye on the Rams' impact players along the defensive line.
LA Rams Report11:14 AM
Brock Osweiler Shoulders the BlameBrock Osweiler shoulders the blame for the Houston Texans offensive woes.
State of the Texans7:23 AM
Top Class of 2017 Commitments in SeptemberScout looks at the biggest commitments by conference for the class of 2017 during the month of September...
Scout Football6:00 AM
Buzz About New Steelers StartersLet's get behind the scenes with three new Steelers starters
Steel City InsiderYesterday at 6:40 PM