-In the second quarter Bruce Ellington scampers in for the game's first score to make it 7-0 in favor of the Berkeley Stags.
-Still in the 2nd quarter and Northwestern answers with a touchdown pass by QB Justin Worley to WR Robert Joseph on a dazzling catch in the corner of the endzone to tie the game 7-7.
-Bruce Ellington shows everyone that he is arguably the state's top athlete scoring on a 67 yard scamper to push the Berkeley lead to 14-7.
-Northwestern is driving and on the Berkeley 5 yard line with 31 seconds to go.
-3 yard touchdown pass from Worley to WR Robert Joseph to tie the score at 14-14. Drive goes 8 plays for 70 yards.
Justin Worley 17-25 121 yards 2 TDs
Northwestern Rushing Leaders
Sanbobis McLeod 5 carries 22 yards
Desmond Cunningham 3 carries 16 yards
Justin Worley 5 carries 16 yards
Northwestrn Receiving Leaders
Robert Joseph 7 catches 47 yards 2 TDs
Desmond Cunningham 4 catches 25
Stewart Hunt 2 catches 23 yards
Cody Craven 2 catches 20 yards
Bruce Ellington 0-4 0 yards
Bruce Ellington 12 carries 103 yards 2 TDs
Dante Richardson 7 carries 72 yards
Tevin Richardson 1 carry 18 yards
R.J. Robinson 2 carries 16 yards
Halftime Notes & Observations
- Berkeley is utilizing their option attack and piling up yards on the ground. Ellington shows his ballskills operating out of the option. Easy to see why he was recruited by a number of schools for football. Basketball is his ticket and I will attest to that but he's scary good as a football player too.
- Northwestern WR Robert Joseph made 140 catches coming into the matchup tonight and showed exactly why catching 7 passes for 47 yards and 2 touchdowns in the first half. Ellington has matched up with Joseph a few times tonight
- Northwestern QB Justin Worley has had time to throw tonight and it appears he's making good reads and picking his spots against the Stags defense
- Berkeley's Willie Haynes has 6 tackles on the night
- Roderick Byers has been a monster tonight with 6 first half tackles. Byers is making a statement and wasn't in the mood to talk prior to the game. He's all about business tonight.
- The Ellington 67 yard touchdown run was a thing of beauty, premium subscribers will see it later on tonight courtesy of SCPrepNationTV
- Huge Berkeley rushing play negated by penalty, would have been a touchdown for Berkeley.
- Northwestern scores from 5 yards out on a rush by Demario Wilson to take the lead 21-14. Drive goes 13 plays for 71 yards.
- Fumble by Berkeley sets up Northwestern inside the Berkeley 10 yard line. NW 3rd and 6 with 5:06 to go in the 3rd quarter. Worley overthrows a wide open receiver in the endzone. NW attempts a FG which is good. 24-14 Northwestern. Drive is 4 plays for 1 yard.
- Berkeley running backs are getting around the end and gashing the Northwestern defense for big gains. Drive started at the 20 and one the NW 41.
- Berkeley attempting a 4th and 5 on the NW 37 yard line. Calls timeout. Northwestern holds Ellington and gang tackles him backwards. Turnover on downs Northwestern ball.
- Worley taken down for a big sack for the Stags. Brings up 3rd down and 20 for NW. Fumble by Worley is recovered by NW. NW to punt. End of 3rd quarter 24-14 Northwestern.
- Berkeley lines up from their 36. Converts a 3rd and 4 for a big gain on an option pitch around the left end. 1st down on the NW 31.
- Ellington goes around the left end on a scamper and scores a touchdown from 28 yards out. PAT is MISSED score is 24-20 Northwestern. 9:55 left to play.
- Northwestern goes 3 and out. Punt. 9:07 to go.
- Berkeley to start from their 43 yard line. Big gain on option down to the Northwestern 40.
- Ellington goes up the middle for 40 yard touchdown run. Score is Berkeley 27-24 with 8:32 to go. CHECK BACK FOR VIDEO LATER TONIGHT GUYS.
- Northwestern starts from their 19 yard line. First down on a slant moves the ball to the 35 yard line.
- NW rushes up the middle into Berkeley territory. Worley rushes for a 1st down to the Berkeley 36 yard line. Injury timeout for Berkeley player. 4th down and 5 yards Northwestern will go for it. NW calls timeout with 5:29 to go. Pass to Joseph dropped turnover on downs. Berkeley ball on the 32.
- Another big gain by Berkeley on the ground for a first down. Ball on the NW 38 and the Northwestern defense looks tired.
- Berkeley scores on a 15 yard touchdown run by R.J. Robinson to push their lead to 33-24 with 2:07 left to go.
- FINAL Berkeley 33 Northwestern 24