NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.] Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 23rd, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on March 22nd, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited by law. Sponsor’s [or Administrator’s] computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
1. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: This Contest is sponsored by 247Sports, 12 Cadillac Drive, Suite 230, Brentwood, TN 37027, Fax: 1-800-643-7599 (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Cabin Fever Cures Contest (the “Contest”) is open only legal U.S. residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their respective states/jurisdictions of permanent residence [at time of entry or as of (insert start date of promotion), whichever is older. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor [and Administrator] or its [their respective] parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies[, website providers, web masters[, (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
3. TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, eligible persons can enter by going to http://handy.scout.com/3/Contest.html, enter your information, upload your photo, and provide a brief description. The photo (“Submission”) must showcase your DIY (Do It Yourself) projects that have helped to cure your cabin fever. Limit one (1) entry per person per 24-hour period. Entrant must provide all required information on the Official Entry Form, including without limitation first and last name and email address, to be eligible to enter. Entries must be submitted by the participant. Entrant may be asked to answer optional questions and/or register for future notices of online promotions; however, you need not answer these questions or agree to receive future emails in order to be eligible for entry in the Contest.
Requirements for entry submissions:
Photographs submitted MUST:
- Be the entrant’s original idea (modification of an original work is not an original idea).
- Be no larger than 5 megabytes (“MB”).
- Be in digital form (either .jpg, .gif, .bmp).
- Preferred dimensions: 320 pixels (width) x 240 pixels (height).
- MUST be of satisfactory quality (i.e., brightness, focus, etc.) Any Photograph submitted that is not of satisfactory quality may be rejected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Entries submitted that exceed the size or time limits, or are not in one of the accepted formats, as applicable, will be disqualified.
- MUST be the Entrant’s original idea (modification of an original work is not an original idea). Submissions MUST NOT copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
- MUST NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are) in Sponsor’s sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Entry is created in their application.
- MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, entry submissions must not include third-party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures, except those of Sponsor.
- MUST NOT include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to books, articles, photographs, artwork, music, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property. Entry submissions must not include commercial music.
- MUST NOT include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image or likeness in any submitted application or otherwise use such images or likenesses in accordance with these Official Rules. Entrant must be prepared to provide signed third party authorizations upon request.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Entrants further warrant and represent that they have secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced in their entries. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest.
By participating in this Contest, entrant acknowledges and agrees that he or she will clearly and conspicuously disclose that he or she is participating in this Contest in any online social sharing interaction that references the Contest or is used to obtain entries in connection with this Contest. At a minimum, the hashtag #handymancabinfever “#handymancontest” or “#promoted” or some other hashtag or disclosure that identifies the post as associated with the Contest entry should be included in all social media communications sent pursuant to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who does not adequately disclose his or her participation in this Contest while engaging in any online social sharing interaction during the Contest Period.
In addition to the above disclosure requirement, entrants who are employed by Sponsor must also clearly and conspicuously disclose that they are employees of Sponsor in any social sharing interaction that references the Contest. At a minimum, the hashtag “#CompanyEmployee” should be included in all social media communications sent pursuant to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who is employed by Sponsor and does not adequately disclose this employment relationship while interacting with via social media sites during the Contest Period.]
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, addresses or any other method will void all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: All photos will be reviewed by Sponsor’s editorial panel to make certain the content falls within the parameters under the Photo Submission Requirements. If an entry meets the requirements, it will be posted at http://handy.scout.com/3/Contest.html within 72 hours. All entries posted on http://handy.scout.com/3/Contest.html will be reviewed by a panel of judges, who criterion: creativity (30%); originality (30%); faithfulness to assigned topic (20%); use of technology (20%). The top 20 entrants whose entries scored the highest will be selected as finalists. Finalists’ entries will then be posted on http://handy.scout.com/3/Contest.html, where members of the public who visit the site will be able to cast a vote for their favorite entry starting at 12:00:01 AM ET on March 30th, 2015 and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET on April 12th, 2015. The finalist with the highest number of votes at 11:59:59 PM ET on April 12th, 2015 will be selected as the winner. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to prospective voters, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Use of script, macro or any automated system to vote or with the intent to impair the integrity of the voting process is prohibited and all such votes will be void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to nullify all votes obtained via such means and to disqualify responsible entrants from further voting or participation in the Contest. See below for additional voting rules.
The potential winner will be announced via email as well as being posted on our winners section of http://handy.scout.com/3/Contest.html. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If a potential winner does not respond within 72 hours after the first attempt to notify him/her that he/she has been selected to receive a prize, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, the finalist with the next highest number of votes will be selected as an alternate potential winner in his/her place. If no finalist claims the prize, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner at random from all eligible entries received. Any alternate potential winner will also have 72 hours to claim the prize, and must satisfy all eligibility requirements.
Except where legally prohibited, each potential winner will be required to complete and return [(or have their parent/legal guardian sign if potential Winner is a minor in their respective place of residency)], 10 days of being notified, a[n] [Affidavit/Declaration] of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize]. If after the first attempt to contact him/her [or if he/she fails to sign and return the [Affidavit/Declaration] of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release or Declaration of Compliance within the required time period (if applicable), or if potential Winner and his/her companion are unavailable to travel within any time period specified by Sponsor] or in the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, the potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and the entrant with the next highest number of votes will be selected as an alternate potential winner. Noncompliance with the foregoing, failure to abide by these Official Rules, or return of the prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and naming of an alternate potential winner. Only 1 alternate winner selections will be made, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
6. PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive Ryobi One+ 18-volt 6-piece Ultimate Combo Kit (P884). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $259.00.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person, per household. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to, change of air travel fees, ground transportation, automobile insurance, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any entrant regarding this Contest, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Contest; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Contest or suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prize from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria described above.
8. PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, [FACEBOOK, INC.] AND ITS/THEIR PARENT COMPANY[IES], AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES WINNER’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING EACH WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each entrant understands and acknowledges that Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Submission and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Submission. Finally, each entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Submission or any material based on or allegedly based on the Submission, and the entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York City or the appropriate State Court located in New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners available after April 15th, 2015, available at http://handy.scout.com.
Copyright ©2015 Scout Media Inc. Scout Media Inc.® and other logos or trademarks listed herein are trademarks of Scout Media Inc. and/or other companies in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.