1 to 1 1/4 lb. delicata squash, peeled, seeded, cubed (1-inch)
2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup warm water (110ºF. to 115ºF.), divided
1 (1/4-oz.) pkg. active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup warm whole milk (110ºF. to 115ºF.)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
1 egg, room temperature
1 egg yolk, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups semolina flour
1 1/2 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
1. Place squash and 2 tablespoons of the water in shallow, medium, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on high 5 to 8 minutes or until tender; discard excess water. Using fork or potato masher, mash squash until smooth. Reserve 3/4 cup; save any remaining squash for another use.
2. Combine remaining 1/4 cup water, yeast and sugar in small bowl; let stand 10 minutes or until yeast is dissolved and foamy.
3. Place reserved 3/4 cup squash in large bowl of stand mixer (dough can also be made by hand); slowly beat in milk at low speed with paddle attachment, if available, until blended. Beat in 3 tablespoons of the butter. Add egg and egg yolk, one at a time, beating just until combined. Beat in yeast mixture and salt.
4. Slowly beat in semolina flour. Beat in 1 1/2 cups of the all-purpose flour, adding additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary, to form soft dough. (Resist the urge to add too much flour; dough should be sticky and won't pull away from sides of bowl cleanly.) Beat in rosemary. Increase speed to medium-low; beat 10 minutes to knead, until dough is smooth and elastic.
5. Place dough in large buttered bowl, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and towel; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
6. Butter 2 (9-inch) round baking pans. Gently punch down dough. On lightly floured surface, form into rough rectangle. Divide into 24 pieces. Roll each piece into round ball, place about 1/2-inch apart in baking pans. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place 30 to 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
7. Meanwhile, heat oven to 375ºF. Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; brush rolls with remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm or cool completely.
PER ROLL: 100 calories, 2.5 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat), 3 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate, 20 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 1.5 g fiber