6 slices thick-cut bacon
12 oz. gemelli or rotini pasta
1 medium red onion, chopped
3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
1 small yellow summer squash, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 avocados, chopped (3 cups)
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
4 oz. sugar snap peas, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until browned and crisp, turning once. Drain on paper towels; coarsely chop. (Bacon can be prepared 4 hours ahead.) Reserve 2 tablespoons of the drippings in skillet.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the pasta cooking water.
3. Meanwhile, heat reserved 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook onion and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add squash and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in salt and pepper; place in large bowl.
4. Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add avocados, tomatoes, sugar snap peas and remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice; gently toss. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 to 3 minutes or just until warm, stirring occasionally.
5. Add avocado mixture to bowl with onion mixture, along with pasta and reserved pasta water; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
6 (2-cup) servings
PER SERVING: 555 calories, 27 g total fat (6.5 g saturated fat), 18 g protein, 62 g carbohydrate, 20 mg cholesterol, 780 mg sodium, 9.5 g fiber