3 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup mild honey
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup hot water
2 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup orange blossom honey
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cardamom and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
2. In large bowl, beat 3/4 cup honey and butter at medium speed 2 minutes. Slowly add sugar, beating constantly. Add eggs one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Spread evenly in pan.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, stir together syrup ingredients.
5. With long wooden skewer, poke holes in cake, poking through to bottom of pan. Brush cake with syrup. Cool completely.
6. In medium bowl, beat cream at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup honey, beating just until blended. Serve cake with cream. Store in refrigerator.
PER SERVING: 475 calories, 22 g total fat (13.5 g saturated fat), 6 g protein, 65 g carbohydrate, 120 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, .5 g fiber