1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled, cut up
1/4 cup ice water
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup purchased caramel sauce
1 (15-oz.) can pure pumpkin
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream, room temperature
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup purchased caramel sauce
. Pulse flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in food processor until combined. Add butter; pulse 8 to 10 seconds or until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-size pieces. Add water; pulse just until dough begins to clump slightly. (Dough should not form ball.) Shape into flat round; cover and refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes or until chilled. (Dough can be made 1 day ahead.)
2. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 12-inch round. Line 9-inch pie pan with dough. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch; fold under. Flute edges. Prick crust all over with fork. Cover and freeze 10 minutes or until firm. (Crust can be prepared to this point 1 day ahead.)
3. Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Line crust with foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake 20 minutes; remove foil and pie weights. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until crust is light golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
4. Gently warm 1 cup cream and 1/2 cup caramel sauce in small saucepan over medium to medium-low heat 1 to 2 minutes or until caramel is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
5. Whisk pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl until smooth. Whisk in eggs until blended. Whisk in caramel mixture. Pour into crust. Drop 3 tablespoons crème fraîche by teaspoonfuls over pumpkin filling; run thin knife gently through filling to swirl. Cover edges of crust with foil.
6. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until filling is slightly set but center jiggles slightly when pan is tapped. Cool completely on wire rack.
7. Beat all topping ingredients except caramel sauce in medium bowl at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Top each serving with whipped cream mixture; drizzle with 1/4 cup caramel sauce. Store in refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
PER SERVING: 605 calories, 41 g total fat (25 g saturated fat), 6.5 g protein, 56.5 g carbohydrate, 175 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 3 g fiber
Get your Pie Crust-Making Tips.