1 cup frozen pearl onions
1 (1 1/2-lb.) pkg. refrigerated mashed potatoes
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1 lb. chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup sliced baby carrots (3/8 inch)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook pearl onions according to package directions. Warm potatoes in microwave according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 5 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken; cover loosely with foil.
3. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet. Cook broccoli and carrots 2 to 3 minutes or until almost tender, stirring constantly. Sprinkle with flour. Stir in broth, pearl onions, sage, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender.
4. Meanwhile, heat broiler. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet. Spread potatoes over top, leaving 1 inch around edge of skillet uncovered.
5. Broil 2 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned, watching carefully to prevent burning.
PER SERVING: 435 calories, 16 g total fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 g protein, 41.5 g carbohydrate, 85 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 5.5 g fiber