1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut up
3 tablespoons shortening, chilled
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 egg yolk
2 to 4 tablespoons ice water
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup dark corn syrup
2 tablespoons bourbon or apple cider
1 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped, or 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
1. Pulse flour, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in food processor until combined. Add 6 tablespoons butter and shortening; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-size pieces. Add lemon juice, egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of the water; pulse just until dough begins to clump slightly, adding additional water 1 teaspoon at a time as needed. (Dough should not form ball.) Shape into flat round; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until chilled. (Dough can be made 1 day ahead.)
2. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 12-inch round about 1/8 inch thick. Line 9-inch pie pan with dough. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch; fold overhang under. Flute edges. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until dough feels firm.
3. Meanwhile, heat oven to 425°F. Line crust with foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake 12 minutes or until crust is partially baked and edge is dry to the touch. Remove foil and pie weights. Cool completely on wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
4. Beat brown sugar and eggs in large bowl at medium speed until blended. Beat in melted butter, corn syrup, bourbon, molasses, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Scatter chocolate over crust; top with pecans. Pour filling over pecans.
5. Bake at 350°F. for 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out moist but clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
PER SERVING: 660 calories, 40.5 g total fat (15.5 g saturated fat), 7.5 g protein, 71 g carbohydrate, 150 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 3 g fiber