5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
10 oz. coarsely chopped crimini mushrooms (about 4 cups)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
2 cups shredded Comté cheese, divided
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 oz. sliced crimini mushrooms (about 2 cups)
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chopped mushrooms. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Add parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Spoon into medium bowl; cool completely (reserve skillet). Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
2. Butterfly chicken by cutting in half horizontally without cutting all the way through; open like a book. Place between pieces of plastic wrap; gently pound thickest portions of breasts until uniformly thick. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. Spread about 1/2 cup of the mushroom mixture over each chicken breast, leaving 1/2-inch border. Carefully fold breast in half; secure with toothpicks.
4. Heat oven to 400°F. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in reserved skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook chicken 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Place on small rimmed baking sheet; bake 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook sliced mushrooms 2 minutes or until partially cooked, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove chicken from oven. Carefully pile 1/4 cup of the remaining cheese on each chicken breast. Spoon sliced mushrooms on top, pressing down into cheese. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove toothpicks before serving.
PER SERVING: 565 calories, 38.5 g total fat (13.5 g saturated fat), 46 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 135 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium, 1.5 g fiber