Gardeners, of all people, do not want to add the world's pollution problems. Here's what you can do to help reduce global warming:
- If you have a small- to-medium-sized lawn, use a cordless electric mower or push mower.
- Plant native, low-growing plants in shady or sloped areas of your yard.
- Plant native grasses that do not require pesticides or fertilizers and seldom require cutting.
- Shrink your lawn by creating a rock garden or planting a native wildflower meadow that attracts backyard wildlife.
- Use ground covers to replace part of your lawn.