Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff, BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Total recipe time: 30 to 40 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion, green part only
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon Rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Combine Sesame-Soy Mayonnaise ingredients in small bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
Combine Slaw Topping ingredients in small bowl, set aside.
Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg white, salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
Place patties on grill grid over medium ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes), until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. Spread equal amount of mayonnaise on bottom of each bun, and top with burger. Evenly divide Slaw Topping over burgers. Close sandwiches.
Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff, BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com