Colman’s Bloody Mary
Courtesy of Colman’s Mustard
Serves: up to 4
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup pickling liquid
- 1 cup of vodka (Tito’s Brand works well)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Valentina hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Colman’s prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons celery seeds
In a pitcher, combine the celery seed and horseradish. Muddle the mixture with the end of a wooden spoon to blend and break up the celery seeds. Pour in the tomato juice, pickling liquid, hot sauce, Colman’s Mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Stir everything together to combine. In Collins glasses, fill with ice (4 cubes) and pour 2 ounces of vodka over top. Fill the rest of the glass with the Bloody Mary mix, and garnish with pickled vegetables (i.e. asparagus, green beans, celery) and an olive and lemon slice.
For the Rim: 3 parts salt to 1 part Colman’s Mustard Powder as a salt rim.