1) Fort Scott RB Martese Jackson - At 6'3", 220 pounds, Jackson fits into the mold of "big back" and has the same style as former JUCO All-American and current Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB LaGarrette Blount. Jackson led the KJCCC in 2011 with 942 yards rushing to go along with four touchdowns.
2) Hutchinson RB Deveon Dinwiddie - The freshman tailback had a phenomenal season for the Blue Dragons, posting 719 yards and nine touchdowns, using his speed and athleticism to keep the chains moving all season long.
3) Butler RB Jasper Sanders - Sanders uses his low center-of-gravity )5'9", 215) to keep the chains moving and his sophomore season he has helped the Grizzlies get to 9-1 by posting 661 yards and eight scores.
4) Garden City RB Andrew Pitts - Pitts, a 6'0, 220-pounder, uses his size to pound defenses while possessing enough speed to get outside when the opportunity presented itself. This season, Pitts led the Broncbusters in rushing with 615 yards and five scores.
5) Fort Scott RB Luke Lundy - Lundy combined with Jackson to form a tough running tandem for the Greyhounds this season, rushing for 604 yards and six scores in 2011.
6) Coffeyville RB Jamarius Green - At 5'11", 210 pounds, Green would be a perfect fit in a pro-style offense and this season the sophomore rushed for 586 yards and four touchdowns for the Red Ravens.
7) Dodge City RB Robert McWright - The freshman running back had a solid season for the Conqs this year, posting 551 yards and three touchdowns as they made the playoffs for the first time in five years.
8) Butler RB Dreamius Smith - While Sanders got most of the attention, and rightly so, all Smith did was make plays when he had the opportunity, posting 482 yards and seven scores and setting himself up to be one of the top runners in the nation in 2012.
9) Independence RB James Baker - At 6'1", 225, Baker was a punishing runner this season and finished the year with 438 yards and three touchdowns.
10) Coffeyville RB Hayden Groves - Groves was the "lightning" to Green's "thunder" in the Red Ravens' offense this year, posting 420 yards and four touchdowns.
Top 10 Running Backs: Jayhawk Conference
JC Football Top Stories
Dean Adds Another Offer, Talks Visits2017 Northeastern Oklahoma A&M TE Mik'Quan Deane (6-4, 240) received yet another offer recently and he updated JCFootball.com about which schools he's planning to visit and when...
JC FootballYesterday at 1:27 AM
Vickers Leads Renegades Past CerritosDerrick Vickers rushed for 193 yards and 3 touchdowns, including what turned out to be the game-winning score, as Bakersfield held off visiting Cerritos for a 28-21 win Saturday in…
JC FootballSunday at 6:00 PM
JC Football Top 25 - 10/20/16East Mississippi is tops in Mississippi and once again sitting in the #1 spot nationally. But Riverside, Fullerton, and Arizona Western are close behind. Games of the week? Santa…
JC FootballFriday at 10:59 PM
Week 7 Top Performers - WRs/TEsHere's a look at some of the top JUCO wide receivers and tight end performances from week seven of the season...
JC FootballThursday at 8:59 AM
Week 7 Top Performers - Running BacksHere's a look at some of the top JUCO running back performances from week seven of the season...
JC FootballThursday at 8:37 AM