1) Iowa Central RB Jontel Clayton - Clayton has had an outstanding freshman season for the Tritons, racking up 1,240 yards and 14 touchdowns, using his quickness and outstanding vision to make people miss in the open field.
2) NDSCS RB D.J. Fuller - Fuller combined with freshman Terr ance Williams to form a pseudo "Thunder and Lightning" combination for the Wildcats this season. Whereas Williams is more of the speed back, Fuller punishes defenses with his 6'0, 205-pound frame and rushed for 831 yards and seven touchdowns in eight games this season.
3) NDSCS RB Terrance Williams - Williams was the speed back and the young man the Wildcats offensive staff wanted to get into space, using his 4.4 speed and great quickness to make people miss in the open field.
4) Iowa Western RB Aaron Wimberly - The Rievers finished the regular season 8-2 and Wimberly was a big reason their offense wasn't one-dimensional, posting 743 yards and nine touchdowns this year. Wimberly's size is ideal for Iowa Western's offensive scheme.
5) College of DuPage RB Charlie Davidson - Davidson used his 6'0, 205-pound frame to punish defenders on his way to 646 yards and seven touchdowns in nine games this season.
6) Grand Rapids RB Devin Jarrett - Jarret, only a freshman, abused defenses this year, posting 619 yards and a tied Clayton for the conference lead in touchdowns with 14.
7) Harper RB Gregory Kennedy - Kennedy, who is only a redshirt freshman, was a real find for the Hawks this season, posting a team-leading 619 yards rushing as well as four touchdowns. At 5'7", 170 pounds, Kennedy would be a great fit in a spread offense, but has the vision and cutting ability to be a good pro-style running back as well.
8) New Mexico Military RB Maximillian Thompson - Thompson is one half of the Broncs' dual-threat running back tandem, but led the team this season with 582 yards and five scores in his freshman campaign.
9) New Mexico Military RB Celento Hairston - Hairston got a majority of the short-yardage carries for the Broncs this year and led the team with eight rushing touchdowns while finishing second with 493 yards rushing.
10) Grand Rapids RB Jayshon Jackson - The freshman running back took a back seat to Jarret most of the season, but when he got his chances to carry to rock he did put up 485 yards and three touchdowns in seven games this year.
Top 10 Running Backs: Midwest Conference
JC Football Top Stories
Abrams Nabs Fourth Offer2017 Butler RB Kevon Abrams (5-10, 185) hauled in his fourth offer earlier today...
JC FootballThursday at 3:17 PM
Humphrey Continues To Grab Power Five Offers2018 Hutchinson DL Tayland Humphrey (6-6, 365) has seen his stock skyrocket after a solid freshman season and he recently grabbed offer number 12 when yet another SEC program threw…
JC FootballThursday at 2:51 PM
Alford Waiting For Right OpportunityAfter a solid freshman season, Long Beach S Guy Alford (6-0, 205), a qualifier out of high school, is looking to possibly leave if the right opportunity presents itself...
JC FootballThursday at 1:43 PM
2018 OCC Wideout Grabs CSU Offer2018 Orange Coast WR James Rutledge (6-4, 195) has received his first offer...
JC FootballWednesday at 8:02 AM