1) Southwest ATH Vintavious Cooper – Cooper played quarterback for Southwest the past two seasons, but he led the MACJC this season with 1,273 yards and 11 touchdowns. At 5'9", 200 pounds, Cooper has the speed (4.4) and quickness to really be a threat as a running back in a spread offense.
2) East Mississippi RB Rodriguez Moore - Moore, a freshman, used his outstanding vision and quickness to put up 1,124 yards and six touchdowns in 10 games this season for the Lions.
3) Jones RB Lavoris Powell - Powell is a tough inside runner enough burst to get outside and this season for Jones, the sophomore tailback posted 897 yards and led the conference with 12 touchdowns.
4) Mississippi Gulf Coast RB James Gillum - The Minnesota commit is a hard-charging back who is a tough, downhill runner. This season, Gillum has rung up over 850 yards and seven touchdowns on the ground.
5) Northwest Mississippi RB Teshadi Talton - Even though the freshman isn't the biggest back, he played big, finishing fifth in the conference with 814 yards rushing and also posted three touchdowns on the ground while showing great hands in hauling in 18 receptions for 142 yards and two more scores.
6) Coahoma RB Daveonn Porter - A surprise this year was Porter's productivity as the scat-back posted 793 yards and five touchdowns on the ground for the Tigers.
7) Itawamba RB Keon McGaughy - One of the more physical tailbacks in the country, McGaughy pounded his way to 754 yards and four scores on the ground this season.
8) Holmes RB Ladarius Redditt - Redditt had a solid season for Holmes, grinding out 721 yards and 10 touchdowns for Holmes this season.
9) Hinds RB Jeremy Palmer - At 5'7", 180 pounds, Palmer isn't the biggest back you'll see lined up nowadays, but he plays with hard and grit and managed to post 709 yards and seven touchdowns in 2011.
Copiah-Lincoln RB Joel Davis - Davis runs tough between the tackles, but he has plenty of burst to get outside. In Co-Lin's attack, Davis got a majority of the carries and rushed for 572 yards and one touchdown in 2011.
Top 10 Running Backs: Mississippi Conference
JC Football Top Stories
JC Football Top 25 - 10/20/16East Mississippi is tops in Mississippi and once again sitting in the #1 spot nationally. But Riverside, Fullerton, and Arizona Western are close behind. Games of the week? Santa…
JC FootballFriday at 10:59 PM
Week 7 Top Performers - WRs/TEsHere's a look at some of the top JUCO wide receivers and tight end performances from week seven of the season...
JC FootballThursday at 8:59 AM
Week 7 Top Performers - Running BacksHere's a look at some of the top JUCO running back performances from week seven of the season...
JC FootballThursday at 8:37 AM
Week 7 Top Performers - QuarterbacksHere's a look at some of the top JUCO quarterback performances from week seven of the season...
JC FootballThursday at 8:12 AM
LaForce Is A Playmaker In The Deep Patrol2017 College of the Seqouias S Ron LaForce (6-1, 204) is having a very good season for the Giants and he has started to see things pick up on the recruiting front over the past few…
JC FootballTuesday at 5:12 AM